Need paint touchup, detail, protect | FerrariChat

Need paint touchup, detail, protect

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by F355steve, Nov 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have been putting it off because I am so busy. I gave the F355 a little run around today noticed a very small bubble/rust spot that just developed on the c-pillar right on the 90 degree edge. I suspect from prior detialings on the car that the paint was really thin right at that spot. Very soft 90's Ferrari nero paint. Easy to go through on a detail.

The salt in the air here is something else. I need to have this area corrected, the whole exterior detailed and some kind of protectant applied to the car. The car is a driver and the paint isn't perfect but I want to keep the original paint it good shape for decades if possible.

Can anyone recommend someone on Oahu that I can trust to do it well and doesn't charge a crazy price? No rush. I just want it done right for a fair price.

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I highly recommend Shea's Luxury Detail. IIRC, you are in Nuuanu and his shop is in Kalihi. He has detailed my E55 and other cars including my girlfriend's Lexus. He is supposed to do a paint correction on my 77 930 when I have time to take it to him. He also does a bunch of exotics including Ferrari, Lamborghini and Ford GT.

Honolulu Hawaii Auto Detail By Shea's Luxury Detailing

3. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Excellent. Thanks for the recommendation. I will check them out. I am in Nuuanu so that is really close to me as well.

4. Joshieburger

Joshieburger Karting

Aug 21, 2015
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Let me know what he quotes you because i have the same thing on both sides of my 348. I need it done as well but in Rosso. I would think it would be easy to just sand the 90 degree area and blend in a line of paint. But im no painter so im probably totally wrong

5. Joshieburger

Joshieburger Karting

Aug 21, 2015
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Did you ever get an estimate?