Need photo of Capristo brackets installed | FerrariChat

Need photo of Capristo brackets installed

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tally Ho, Jun 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I recently replaced my stock exhaust system with Fabspeed's supersport x-pipe and their exit pipes and tips. During the removal of the old system I found the left bracket cracked. I had it re-welded and it is currently installed but I feel it is destined to crack again. The picture of the F430 brackets on Capristo's website look way different than the stock brackets. I'm curious how they mount on the car. Any photo of these installed with stock or aftermarket exhaust will be greatly appreciated.

2. handdoc

handdoc Karting

Apr 3, 2014
  3. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #3 Tally Ho, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for link. Unfortunately it does not show the bracket that I found cracked. The bracket that cracked is the one that mounts below and to the side of the crush box attached to the differential. There is a U clamp that holds the mating of the cat to the exit pipe that attaches to this bracket. Here's a pic with the bracket highlighted. The arrow points to where the crack was. I'm not seeing how the Capristo brackets will help.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    Bill

Did you ever figure this out? I think the bracket you are referring to is different than the ones that the Capristo brackets replace. I am not sure what that bracket is called but I think it is some sort of bracket that bolts the cat to the transmission. Ferrari calls it a support bracket and the PN is 223144.

5. dhac

dhac Karting

Feb 26, 2012
    boca raton and LI
    nice lift... which brand is that?

6. Lore2486

Lore2486 Rookie

Mar 25, 2011
    the bracket that you found cracked is replaced by the capristo brackets. I had the same one broken on my car came out in 2 pieces when i unbolted it. The capristo brackets do transfer a little more vibration to the inside cabin just something to think about before getting them.

7. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    #7 VividRacing, Sep 9, 2014
  8. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    Ahmed - I was looking at the picture and mine is slightly different. On mine, the "cup" that the spring goes into rests directly against the bottom bracket. You have a washer between the cup and the bracket.

9. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    I think I finally get it. So each capristo bracket replaces how many oem brackets? Two?

10. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    I used the pictures right off Capristos website, If you provide me your email I will forward the install pdf.

Correct, it does come with 2 brackets to fully replace the faulty oem ones.

11. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Is the bracket sold with bolts and washers or do you re use the stock parts?
    Thanks!!!

12. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    #12 VividRacing, Sep 10, 2014
    I do believe the hardware is included if any is needed otherwise you would reuse the OEM.. I can confirm with Capristo and update the thread tomorrow..

Attached install PDF for everyone to view as well.

13. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #13 yronZFF, Sep 10, 2014
    My F430 Capristo brackets came with all nuts, bolts and washers EXCEPT the 4 nuts and 4 washers that bolt the brackets to the frame. You need to reuse your original stock nuts/washers circled in red (or get new nuts as the stock ones are lock nuts with nylon inserts). These nuts hold your rear bumper to your chassis (there are actually 8 nuts but you only need to remove 4 to install the Capristo brackets) so make sure you torque them per specs - 40 Nm or 30 ftlb.

Good luck with your install!

14. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thank you Ron. Great info.

15. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3