Need Photoshop help. | FerrariChat

Need Photoshop help.

Discussion in 'Texas' started by 308geo, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    Who knows how to change the color of a car pic using a photoshop type program? I have a pic of a silver car that I want to have changed to black. (A friend wants to see what her new 2005 Corvette convertible will look like in black and I only have a press release pic of a silver one.) Any ideas or help is appreciated.

George

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    there are a few tricks and techniques, but none of them work flawlessly to just quickly change the color of a car.

- start by using layers
    - copy the existing image into a new layer
    - work with the curves and contrast settings
    - once done, erase all outside of the car, leaving the background - original image - showing through.

if you want me to take a stab at it, throw it over: [email protected]

3. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    Instead of erasing the background from the top most layer, I would highly reccomend creating a layer mask for the color-adjusted layer instead. A mask will allow you to paint out portions of the image without actually removing image data from the file, so, in the event that your hand gets a little off when cleaning up the edges, you can switch the brush color from black(makes the layer disappear) to white and fix the mask. To add a mask to a layer, go to the layer palette, select the layer you want to add the mask to and click the(may vary depending on the version of PS you have) second button from the left on the bottom. It is a greyed out square with a white circle in it.

And now that it is 7:30 AM and I haven't been to bed yet, I need to stop working, take a shower and go to the office. Today is going to suck. But feel free to e-mail me with any photoshop questions. I spend lots of quality time with it at the office.

Andrew