Need pics of 308/328 with EFI fuel rails | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Need pics of 308/328 with EFI fuel rails

Discussion in '308/328' started by ATSAaron, Nov 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I have about 9.5:1 CR with 230I/236E @.050" lift duration. LSA is 113 though. Hyd roller. Good for over 400 ft-lb RW Tq from 1700-5500 RPM. Power drops off above 5600 RPM, though. Max RWTq 440 ft-lb, max RWHP 430 through full exhaust. 8.8:1 is too low, IMO with a cam of this duration. 87 octane gas usage was the deciding factor between 9.5:1 and 10.5:1 CR on this build. 427 CI SB.

Doug

2. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Yeah I totally agree. Higher compression with that sort of cam is really going to make better use of that cam which is why I believe the early US cars and Euro cars benefit even more than others from a compression increase and no other changes.

3. ramosel

ramosel Formula 3

Sep 11, 2004
    Meadow Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    R Moseley
    Scott, OK, that sounds much better. It sucks when you go to a dyno and its not calibrated right. Thats ugly.

I was wondering what caused those waves... I'd never seen those before. They looked anomylous, but wasn't sure what/why?

I'm gonna get the car back together and running on the electromotive spark, then we'll be talking. There is a partially singed set of "i" intakes on a shelf over at FerrParts I'll have to get my hands on. Blower... nah, you're right, crazy. I'm just looking for driveablitly. V12... hmmm... we do have the same capital tools/toys Mark has... wait... I had a brain injury last year. If I take on a project like Mark's I'm sure to be committed by some family member. Next project is to build up an over ramps in the new 44' trailer as the damn race car is too wide to fit between the inner fenders. <sigh>

Rick

4. Yellow02Z06

Yellow02Z06 Karting

Nov 2, 2013
    This is an old thread but was the best one that came up when I did 328 EFI search - 10 yrs old actually! Anyway I am interested in EFI and potentially ITB variation with it.

What is the current state of the art?

Anyone selling a kit?

My goal for my 328 would be to do EFI on ITBs if possible and get better power and efficiency and meantime not spend crazy money - I can install myself and would not need to go with distributorless ignition unless there is no computer that works with stock ignition and EFI, or unless you can't get to a good tune without distributorless ignition

And if no one has come up with an economical ITB EFI solution, I guess I;d still be interested in an economical EFI for a DIYer.

I could see outsourcing the tuning assuming theres a computer that is widely used / known outside Ferrari world