Need PIS adjustment | FerrariChat

Need PIS adjustment

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by JoeTSI, Feb 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    When I bought my 360 last year, I had a major done at FoA along with a few other items and had the clutch readout performed. This is my first F1 car and I notice it takes almost up to 3k rpm's to get the clutch to fully engage in first. After much reading, this points to a PIS adjustment. I'm in Huntsville, AL and don't mind driving to ATL or Nashville to have this performed. Any suggestions? FYI, I did ask while the car was in service to ensure PIS was adjusted accordingly.

2. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Since you had service at FOA, give them a call first and see what can be done to resolve the issue.

3. LittleTino

LittleTino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 14, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I had a similar issue with my 430. When cold, the engine could rev north of 3k trying to engage the clutch from a stop into 1st or R. Ron Reineke got it resolved and is working great now.

4. MROTH

MROTH Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 12, 2014
    Hi Joe, my name is Michael and I oversee the service department here at Ferrari of Atlanta, could you give me a call at your convenience so we can look into this a little further and help get your concern addressed? Our number is 678-802-5000 and my extension is 120.

Look forward to your call!

5. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Thanks Michael, will call you today.

Also, I want to clarify I wasn't slamming FoA or casting them in a negative light. Being my first Ferrari, I hadn't realized that this wasn't normal until after a couple months of ownership.