Need pricing thoughts | FerrariChat

Need pricing thoughts

Discussion in '612/599' started by icelander47, Nov 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    So I am thinking about my 2008 612 pre to with 24k miles. Daytona seats, non hgte car, all the other options. Major done last year, yearly just done last week, new tires, dash and roof redone a few months. A no story Argento car located in Socal.

I bought it last September. I can't tell what the market range is now. Any thoughts?

2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    A couple of things - It is it a OTO or not and where do you live. Europe prices seem to be softer than US prices for similar cars? If it is in the US, I am thinking $100k - $120k for non OTO car. I can't really speak to Europe prices.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    He meant pre OTO and his 612 lives in Southern California.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  5. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Just the engine might be worth nearly $50K.

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  7. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

100K sounds about right.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Wld be shocked if it went for that by im a big 612 fan so im rooting for it!

9. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I think the early generation cars are going for $70k -$85k but the later cars particularly the late 2007s and early 2008s go for north of $100k depending on all the usual considerations. But with the higher mileage (24k high mileage HaHa). So for So Cal, I am thinking ask $110 and settle for $100k unless there is something really special about the car. A lot of the early 2008s had almost the same equipment as the OTO cars so that's why I think it will go over $100k. But any sale will take some time as there is only a very limited marker for 4 place Fcars as we all well know.

10. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Randy, I am thinking you are being a little generous. I have a late 07 car in Southern California, so essentially the same car. Somewhat lower mileage, optional 19” wheels, optional spare tire, Diamond quilted interior, rarer color (if you like red), and free factory satellite radio for the life of the car. So mine is probably a little more desirable for the right person. For mine I am thinking $80 to $90k retail is the right price and have been told such by local Ferrari guys (by the way, it is NOT for sale).

Icelander47, I believe you bought your car from Eurocar. They are good guys and they are always willing to buy back cars they sold since they picked it out as a good car in the first place. I bought my S Coupe from Chris at Eurocar and he was totally willing to buy it back (of course at wholesale and I ended up selling it instead to a neighbor). Also, Chris for a number of years has expressed an interest in my 612 and they usually have one or two 612s for sale. So this is always an option if you want to sell at wholesale (which is how I usually sell my cars since I don’t need the risk and hassle of selling retail). For wholesale I would say mine is probably $65 to 75k (these are not easy cars to move and so the dealers want a little more profit since they will have to carry them on their floorplan for a while).

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  11. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Ron, Yes I did get it at Eurocar. I will ring Harry

12. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    RonH, I will accept the fact that you have done considerable more research on the matter than I have – which is just generally perusing the for sale ads on Cars.com and Autotrader and Hagerty Valuation software (who values the 2008 base car at $100k average value). Usually an insurance company will not insure a vehicle on a “valued basis” for more than the retail value as it can produce the moral risk of “selling the car to the insurance” in a “fortuitous accident”.

Hagerty’s values for a base car which I just looked up today are as follows - #4 Fair $91k, #3 Good $100k (average value), a #2 Excellent was valued at $114k and an #1 Concours valued at $137k. By way of contrast a 2008 612 OTO vehicle was valued at #4 Fair $116k, #3 Good $125k (Average value), #2 Excellent $140k and #1 Concours $162k. Hagerty is willing to provide “valued insurance” based on these valuations so they must have some confidence in their valuation software. However their valuation is based on retail sales for which they have access to the information.

So that is generally what I was basing my opinion, I may be wrong.

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    how much did yo buy your car 612 for and when was it?

14. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    I would welcome you guys thoughts on the best (e.g. - most respected / honest) national broker to help me sell of friend's 612. Thanks.

15. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    If you go on the classified section of this forum there are a couple of brokers there who appear to be well respected by forum members. The other alternative if your friend needs to move it quickly is to sell it wholesale. I suspect most locations have regional dealers that will buy a 612. In terms of large national dealers I suspect Marshall Goldman is the biggest.

16. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Randy, I have no particular expertise in 612 pricing. I would certainly defer to Hagerty values. They are generally higher than I would have expected and that is good for all of us!

Icelander47, do you feel comfortable disclosing the price Eurocar offers you? I think that would be very informative because selling wholesale is likely a more applicable price point for many of us.