Need ref. glossy of clays or design rendering '69 shelby Mustang | FerrariChat

Need ref. glossy of clays or design rendering '69 shelby Mustang

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, Oct 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    The late Chuck McHose got several articles attesting to his brilliant design of the '67 Shelby but Iv'e never seen

article
    glossy photo of clay
    photo of design rendering

on the '69 Shelby. Is there an article on that? If you have glossies or shots of the design renderings leading up to final i can trade any of twenty paintings I made of Cobras and Shelby.(I'll send group shots if you write malibucarart at Google) My paintings are 11" x 17" on heavy art paper. Would be mailed flat. I sold them, for $75 each st Pebble so let's see what'cha got.

Photo:McHose shot '67 Shelby clay Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

WJHMH and ingegnere like this.
  2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Great picture.

Read somewhere where the car used for making the clay hood and other bits on the ‘67 Shelby had been used for a crash test—for seat belt anchor retention, I think.

Because the chassis was warped, and the hood was shaped to this warped reference, the mold was off and subsequent production hoods fit very poorly on the “straight” production cars. Don’t remember if this was ever corrected during the production run.