Need reliable transportation for new F430 baby | FerrariChat

Need reliable transportation for new F430 baby

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mialro, Jun 4, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mialro

Mialro Rookie

May 14, 2011
    Took the plunge and buying my first Ferrari after years with Porsche and M5's. Need reliable firm to transport my F430 baby from Miami to New Jersey. Do you have a recommendation or good experience with nationwide enclosed transport company?

BTW: advice received on PPi firms, what to look for, pricing, etc from this forum was invaluable. You guys rock!!

2. Porsche911s

Porsche911s Karting

Apr 17, 2011
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Lou
    I recently used Inter City Lines (413) 436-9511. They were very professional and did everything they said and were easy to deal with.... Good luck and enjoy... I have been enjoying my new F430 spider.

3. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    I don't have a specific suggestion. But in the past weeks alone we have seen a couple threads where transport has resulted in significant destruction to FCars.

So please see that you get a couple good recommendations. Probably a good start is there are a bunch of threads to be found using the search function.

Also, because of those recent nightmare threads, people were saying that maybe Rob should make this sort of transport thread a sticky. So maybe you could do a bit of research and post your findings for the future.

Good luck.

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    FedEx auto transport. Went Fantastic! The transporter.. a guy named Art called me and updated me during move. Will use them again in the future. :)

5. bgmix

bgmix Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 1, 2009
    AZ|NYC|FL
    Full Name:
    Bob Giammarco
    Only use a service that fields their own fleet. If whomever you call can't give specific information as to when and whom will be making the pick up they're brokering it out which leads to all sorts of trouble. Be sure they're using a real enclosed box trailer, not a carrier with some rigged tarps they call "enclosed" Get the drivers cell number in advance. Make sure your insurance is in place before the car is picked up.

I have used Reliable and Horseless Carriage with great success. Had a horrible experience with Nationwide Transport (a broker)

The better companies will cost more. This is one case where you do get what you pay for.

Enjoy the new FCar!

6. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Hey Milaro,
    I live in NJ and had my TR transported from L.A. to NY. I used Intercity wih great success. If you want any info, pm me your number and I will give you a call. I live in NJ as well. Welcome to the F world. The guys on this forum are all top notch.

7. Racedrvr

Racedrvr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2008
    Kentucky/Florida
    Full Name:
    Don
    +1 on Intercity.
    They were very professional and timely with my transport. Great communication, and then followed up after the delivery. I researched a lot of carriers and found them to have no negative feedback. They are contributers here on this Forum as well!

8. rjsmd

rjsmd Karting

Apr 20, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I was very satisfied with every aspect of the service I received recently from InterCity.

A few years back, I had used Exotic Car Transport and was quite satisfied with them. I called them on the more recent job, but they did not run a route conducive to my needs. After my most recent transport, InterCity is likely to be my first call on future jobs.

9. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Used Exotic maybe 10 times for the north south corridor with no problems

10. Mialro

Mialro Rookie

May 14, 2011
    As usual this forum is invaluable. Thanks for the info. Was searching old threads also and yet to find a complain about them. If anyone has had a problem or bad experience with Intercity speak soon or forever hold your piece!

11. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Also had great service from Intercity Lines recently (430 spider), but driver had a little mishap when pulling the car out (upper deck). He pulled it out crooked, and barely hit the right front wheel at the middle of one spoke. Driver owned up to it, and offered to pay for the damage, but was minimal to punish him with that. An honest mistake, and what I appreciated is he didn't try to weasel out of responsibility by saying it was there all along.

Pay close attention to the wheels folks, right at the middle of the spokes, where the ramp would make contact with them. And it also helps to minimize moving the car, so negotiate to put it all the way in from the start, even if it takes a while to get it out once at the destination. Plus it's pretty tight in there, and most drivers are not particularly svelte, so leather takes a beating every time they have to slide into the car. Plus the risk of damage to the doors too.

12. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    I have shipped exotics with Reliable Carriers without issues. Important to get pictures in my opinion of the car being loaded and off loaded if possible to cover yourself. Also try to get the drivers cell phone so you can be in contact with them at all times. Don't try to save a few hundred bucks on shipping, it can make a wonderful experience a nightmare, quick!!!

I heard Plycar is great as well

13. GML

GML Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Kansas
    I used horseless carriage.

14. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Only company I have ever used! Always on time and no problems!

Remember, in this case, you get what you pay for!

15. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  16. intercity

intercity Karting

May 5, 2009
    Mialro,

Intercity Lines will be glad to give you a discounted FChat price on your move. As a forum sponsor we offer forum members discounts on our normal retail rates. Please let us know where in NJ and we will be glad to shoot you over a price on the move of your F430.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    www.intercitylines.com

17. MarcusCLT

MarcusCLT Karting

Nov 22, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Steen
    I used below company to transport my Ferrari from FL to NC....they were ON-TIME, obviously enclosed...great service.

Exotic Car Transport, Inc.
    880 Maguire Rd
    Ocoee, FL 34761
    800-766-8797 ext 100
    407-654-9951 fax
    [email protected]

18. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    6 weeks ago moved from Co to Fl and transported my MB, a Viper and my 360 with Reliable. I had no issues!
    Docf

19. Bgould

Bgould Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad
    After reading Newbydudes nightmare a thought comes to mind.
    I'm sure a quality transporter will do this, but good to cover the details. Have the driver confirm they have the key fobs and manuals, if of course they are available and in your deal.

I am in the early stages of looking for my first Ferrari and what I have learned from all of you guys on Fchat will save me serious money and time.

Thank you.

Bgould

20. Mialro

Mialro Rookie

May 14, 2011
    Once again thanks for all the good advice. I've hired Intercity for my transport and they're supposed to pick up the car in Miami next week. I'll report on my experience (hoping good!)
    as soon as car delivered in NJ.