Need some new "threads" to go with my Ferrari. Any suggestions? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Need some new "threads" to go with my Ferrari. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by raines, Jul 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
  2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  3. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Exactly. Driving a Ferrari to C&C makes it about the car. Walking around covered in Cavallinos makes it about you owning the car.

So if you wear some branded item, keep it subtle. A polo/oxford or a hat, but not both. Avoid red loafer driving shoes like the plague.

Evad likes this.
  4. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    And, anyone else who wants to have the Ferrari-est junk on the block!

19633500GT likes this.
  5. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Tee shirt, shorts, and dammit, I cannot wear my flip flops when I drive the ferrari (not safe imho), so I have to wear actual shoes. Sigh, the compromises we make for these cars.

Jana and tomc like this.
  6. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Flip flops are good for the beach, don’t really par up for driving. Is it comfortable for you guys?

7. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    The only place a man should ever wear flip-flops is at the beach. ;)

Formula Uno likes this.
  8. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I don’t like driving in flip flops. The flexible sole can get caught. When I do am behind the wheel in flip flops I drive bare foot.
    I have not driven my F-cars in flip flops. When I do drive them I usually wear Sperry Top Sider, Puma or Porsche Design driving shoes.
    BTW, I was told in Germany you can wear flip flops to drive but if you are in an accident then you will be at fault for not having proper footwear.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    Suixtil - classy, old school, doesn't scream "look at me".

10. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I figured wearing brand gear to a brand event was like wearing a t-shirt for the band you're going to a concert for.

I pretty much live in flip flops most of the year, but not when I drive. Then it's either tennis shoes or ballet slippers, if any of you guys want to try them. :D

tomc, JP365 and Formula Uno like this.
  11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I don’t have the exact words for it, but in a very significant sense I only started living a real, full life when I was able to wear flip flops full time. It felt like I finally achieved something. None of those are the right phrase/words, but something like that.

12. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I have a pair of Sperry Pilots, but I also like Vans and Chuck Taylors.

WLFerrari likes this.
  13. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    To the OP, if you are a watch person, get a Ferrari watch if it moves you. I like vintage watches, so the only Ferrari watches I’d want are vintage ones. Other than that, I agree with the be yourself position. If you wear baseball caps, then get a Ferrari one. If you don’t normally wear hats then don’t change. I haven’t had a Ferrari t-shirt since high school, but I keep hoping my wife will get me one of those “Ferari” “Mustang” shirts because I have one of each and enjoy the humor of it. Then again I also wear Ween shirts and madras.

14. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    To me that sounds like “ataraxia.”
    It is one of my favorite words in the English language (even if it’s from Ancient Greek). It means to have mental tranquility. It is one of the goals of Epicureanism, if not THE goal. You sound like you are at peace. Ain’t never been there but they tell me it’s nice ;)

15. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I've never bought a single piece of Ferrari-branded apparel - but I have a cupboard full of shirts, jackets, hats, caps, umbrella, bucket, watch, handbag etc you name it which were part of Club events regalia. I rarely wear any of the stuff except to club events... Only item I wear when I'm not with the car (and usually only if I'm in a different country) is my little gold Cavallino pendant, and I have a silver 'gated shifter' pendant I wear a lot because it's kinda like a 'secret society'. I prefer the stuff with the club logo than the plain cavallino - when I see people wearing plain cavallini, I assume they're not owners so would never approach them at say a car show. People wearing Club stuf, I'd introduce myself.

Formula Uno likes this.
  16. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Very interesting! Just did some reading on this and I think you are right for me. Wearing sandals all the time was a signifier of becoming a writer full time and being able to live my dream of having a beach house. The ocean centers me. Perhaps I'm on the road to Epicureanism.

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
  18. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    People often make the, “living the dream” joke, but I think the best part of your response is that you are able to live your dream. I don’t think anything really tops that.

thorn and Jana like this.
  19. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Neither do I.

20. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    I'm not much on branded clothing, but 30 years ago I had a couple of red "faf motorcars" t-shirts that I wore the snot out of as a teenager. Wish I could still find shirts like those, dealer t-shirts and the like; I'm pretty much all set with the expensive boutique shirts, etc.

21. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I know exactly what you mean. I had a bunch of dealer/shop shirts in the 80s when I was in high school. My favorite was a Kilimanjaro Designs t-shirt with the shop info and a 250 Testa Rossa on the back. Anyone remember the dinosaur racing shirts? The back read, “We remember when GTOs had 12 cylinders, mondials had 4, and Testarossa was two words.” Still makes me smile. I think Hill Robb had them made.

audi_328 likes this.
  22. raines

raines Karting

May 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    So is there any way to purchase or resurrect some of these classic shirts? Hope it's not $85.

23. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Pretty much comes down to copyrights and demand. If no one holds the rights to the images, you can make two sided two color shirts for about $12 each. However, Ferrari tends to be fairly protective of their logos.

24. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    If it’s the weekend, I’m wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I’m well past the age of dressing to impress other people. However, I will during the week, or for the wife.

25. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA