Need Upholstery Shop In Portland or Seattle | FerrariChat

Need Upholstery Shop In Portland or Seattle

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Soto Veloce, Jul 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    I just noticed today that the diamond-stitched headliner on my 612 Scaglietti has dropped away from the roof panel and is sagging down quite noticeably. Not sure what the issue is. Perhaps something to do with the summer heat and whatever adhesive is supposed to be holding it in place. Who knows.

Can anyone recommend a good upholstery shop in either Portland or Seattle? I’m coming from Spokane, so either one would work. Thanks.

-Chris

2. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Random question. What level of repair? Do you want to drop off the car and pick it up finished? Or remove and replace the headliner yourself and the shop simply does the repair?

3. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    I would need to drop off for full repair I believe. I wouldn’t have the first idea how to get the headliner out safely and even if I could, I wouldn’t know what to do to keep it from falling down again.

The headliner itself is in perfect condition. It just needs to be reattached to the roof panel. There are local auto upholstery companies here in Spokane, but I’m not sure I trust them to get the interior disassembled without ruining something.

Thoughts?

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think Guy Recordon is still in business-- he's who I would go to for that sort of thing. There may be others as well.

5. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    John Parkhurst in Bremerton Wa. He is the best by far. I have had 2 complete interiors done by him and they were 100 point price winning cars. He has the know how and the expertise to do it right the 1st time. I have no financial interest just had interiors done to perfection.

just sayin'

tr0678

6. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Excellent. Thanks for the advice!

7. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Do you have a picture of the area in question?

8. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    On my way over to Seattle (by airplane instead of in the 612 ☹️) to watch the Giants play at Safeco! I’ll try to get a picture of it posted by the end of the week.

9. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    This is a bit difficult to appreciate in photos, but I think you can see the way the headliner is convex in these photos. The leather is still firmly attached to whatever backing material is used, but with a fair amount of force you can push the whole panel back up to its more concave position against the underside of the roof. It then falls back away into this convex position.

10. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
  11. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Thanks. That diagram should be helpful. I am going to have the local shop that did a fantastic job recreating my carpeted trunk panel take a look and see If they think they can handle it. If not I will look up the guy in Bremerton.

12. MrJohnson

MrJohnson Rookie

Apr 16, 2018
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Andrew Johnson
    If you feel like traveling, you can try contacting Dave at Sunmark in Bellevue. He does great work.