NETSCAPE PROBLEM - NEED HELP FAST...!!! | FerrariChat

NETSCAPE PROBLEM - NEED HELP FAST...!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Jul 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Everytime i try to access new messages, an Alert window comes up saying "The PASS command did not succeed. Mail server, mail.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com responded: authorization failed."

When i go directly to 'mail.xxxxxxx.com' i can access new email messages just fine... Anyone have any idea what the problem could be...? i need to rectify this as soon as possible... Any help would be much obliged... Thank you... i'm at FML; if you know the number, please call, otherwise post here or PM me and i'll call you... Thank you...

2. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Hmmm... to help NNO or not to help NNO - that is the question!

Just kidding.

PASS failure means it's failing the username/password check. Most likely, you have your password auto-saved in your mail program and the password has changed.

Go to the place in Netscape where your username/password are stored, and make sure they are correct. Should solve your problem!

Let us know if that does it.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mike, you are a beautiful person...! Thank you very much, i VERY REALLY SINCERELY appreciate your help... My problem has been solved and all is well... Dinner's on me, just tell me what and where i can get the gift certificate...

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    How many times have I told you to stay away from that stuff. More than triple x is nothing but trouble.