Never buy a car unseen... | FerrariChat

Never buy a car unseen...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F456M, Feb 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
  2. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    i dont have 12 minutes to watch it, whats the summary? He paid $50k for the car? That's dirt cheap for a 550, even you have to spend $30k fixing it thats still a great deal. What was his total cost?

wbklink likes this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Have to love the water line.

LARRYH and BOKE like this.
  4. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I can tell just looking at that waterline that 50K would not be cheap ...I good rule to follow is never buy a car that has a waterline on it...

6. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    Stupid story. Stupid people. Who pays for a car without seeing it or getting inspected by someone and also not getting a title..

Bas and bergxu like this.
  7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Pretty common actually. Cars are bought stupidly every day because they "are a good deal and what could go wrong".

8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That was like sitting next to a boring guy on a plane telling you a story about the bleeding obvious. I watched all the way through waiting for the twist - the guy got his money back, or killed Joe, or turned out to be the head of the FBI, or whatever, but, nope.

As Brian says, it's common. Meanwhile that's 12 minutes I'll never get back. And the video presenter really needs to up his graphics and script quality.

johnk..., Bas and Rifledriver like this.
  9. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    To be fair I've bought a couple cars on bringatrailer, sight unseen, and if the seller discloses everything properly, good pictures,etc its ok.

Bas likes this.
  10. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    And a good PPI...

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've nodded in and out of sleep listening to this guy yack on. It has nothing to do with 550 Maranello, really. Could be done with a fiat panda just as easy.

12. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I've bought several high end cars site unseen with no undisclosed issues. You get a pretty good idea of the kind of car you're getting from interviewing the seller.

tres55 likes this.
  13. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I bought several Porsche 911 sight unseen from on line sources. Great cars. But I have never bought a Ferrari without at least someone representing my interest looking at the car. While I am capable of fixing anything on any car, I like to at least know what I am getting into.

14. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    #14 15765, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    I bought a my 550 without seeing it in Florida from Motorcar Gallery in Fort Lauderdale and was shocked at how much better it was than I expected it to be. They told me about some mechanical issues it had but said they would be easy for me to fix, but was told that otherwise it was really nice. When it arrived here in Las Vegas and being unloaded one of the drivers was getting it out of the front of the trailer the other driver told me ' You got yourself a beautiful car " I figured that if these drivers, that deliver cars all over the country for a living say it is special, it must be good. By the time it was out of the truck some neighbors had came over to see what was going on and thought I had bought a brand new Ferrari, not knowing it was a 13 year old car.

Chuck

Texas Forever likes this.