Never thought I'd buy another Maserati | FerrariChat

Never thought I'd buy another Maserati

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Carnut, Jan 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Well after 3 I figured I was done, but yesterday I went to say hi to the guys at Algar, and they had a very nice GT MC for sale, so I bought it. It is definitely the nicest GT I have ever seen.

SeaNile, CharlieA and 71Satisfaction like this.
  2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    So you’re gonna start a thread and then tease us with no pics? :D

ernie, randkin and Nembo1777 like this.
  3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Morrie, I bought my first GT from Algar (Tony Palmer, great guy)

I go to their sight all the time and saw that car listed but waiting for pics. Please post some as clearly they won't be added to their site.

I love my 2013 GT. It's my good weather DD.

If yours gets sticky, shoot me a message and we can talk about resolving that ;)

Here is mine :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    #4 Carnut, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    My bad, I only have this photo I took at Algar. They are going to an oil change and a detail before I pick it up. Thanks Dave, I don't even know if it has any sticky issues, I did not touch any of the buttons. Funny thing it came from the same dealer in CA that my California T did.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Very nice, Morrie. Looking forward to more photos and your driving experience :)

6. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am already making plans for it, after all I just cannot leave things as they are.

7. BOOMER7

BOOMER7 Karting

Jan 3, 2009
    GT is such a beautiful auto!
    Congrats

8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I had the chance to take it out yesterday, now that the Bridgestone RE980AS are on it. It is a night and day difference from the first Granturismo I had bought for my then wife. That was the first year of production and I am so glad that they changed the seats. I was able to get the build sheet on the car and I was pretty amazed that this car sticker for over 160K. I have the throttle controller, and the transmission flash drive will be here either Tuesday or Wednesday from Europe. I have used these flashes on other cars and it makes a big difference, though this is the first time I am going to use one on a car with an automatic, and though I'm not expecting as big a change as I have felt in the past, I'm told the shifts will be noticeably faster. I guess I will find that out soon.

9. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Morrie, my first was a 2008 GT from Algar which I enjoyed for 4 years. Then, last Feb I got the 2013 GT Sport shown above (4.7). Wow, what a difference. I really love the car. It's a fantastic DD 6 months a year. When I get back from Cavallino I need to start tearing the interior apart to refinish every thing as winter is flying by with the exception of the 12" we got last night (first real snow this season)

Beware - the headlines fall in these cars. I replaced mine last year with Alcantara.

Details here:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/new-daily-driver-to-join-the-355.569911/

10. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thanks Dave, I will keep an eye on headliner. I did check so far no sticky issues. I saw you on the Maserati forum, I have made a few posts (carnut1) on there, but I usually take things slowly when I join a new forum. I am a bit unusual in what I do, and as my girlfriend often says an acquired taste.

11. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Hi - Can you explain this flash drive? I have a 2017 Stradale and not heard of this before, Regards

12. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I installed the transmission flash, and though the vendor said it can take between 10-100 miles for the system to learn, the difference was felt pretty quickly. I have a tune on my 991 (the PDK was tuned as well) and the differences are no where near as apparent as they are on the GT, I am really surprised at how fast this thing shifts using the paddles. I guess they were right you are going to feel the difference even in an automatic.

jacey likes this.
  13. Roadney

Roadney Karting

14. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    No I think that is snake oil, I cannot see how you can alter the transmission with the connections they use. It just alters throttle control. You need to reprogram the through the OBDII port (which the TMC flash does), to alter the way the transmission operates. I tried reaching out to ask them exactly how their unit could alter the transmission speed, but I never got a reply.