New 2007 Maserati Coupe | Page 8 | FerrariChat

New 2007 Maserati Coupe

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Boudewijn, Feb 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    What a stunningly beautiful car.

Yes 500 hp would have been more exciting but 400 is good too.

This is going to be a huge winner in the united states.

2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    In the traffic congested tri-state NY-NJ-CT area, where a substantial number of these cars will be sold, 405 hp is just fine...question will be long term reliability...

3. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    fwiw...its so hot looking I think people will take the chance..

If the maserati holds up to traditional reliability standards with good dealer service on the issues that pop up then this car will expand the brands market penetration 3 fold.

4. s420merc

s420merc Rookie

Dec 7, 2003
    Has anyone heard anything on Price and Options. Has anyone actually put an order in yet or gotten on a list for one. Also what is a good Maserati Dealer in the NYC area. Good friendly sales staff would be nice.
    What will be the warranty on this car.
    4 year /50k miles ???

5. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Love this new Granturismo!

6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    I love this new car.

But as someone else said, a required front license plate may kill the whole look. Anywhere over the grill would be a disaster.

7. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Agree completly. This will become a real challenge!

Ciao!
    Walter

8. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #184 snj5, Jun 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK, fellow Maserati Granturismo fans - I went to the local dealer today. The official line from them was there has not been an official released price, but they are putting the cars somewhere between $105 - 120K, with deliveries expected in late 2007 or more probably early 2008. They expect to have a demonstrator before winter, and folks with a deposit will be able to confirm if they want one or wait for the manual, or get an entire deposit refund after a test drive. The deposit asked locally is $5K, and they are hard over that they will not allow delivery positions to be sold and will try to root out 'flippers'. Once they get the official pricing and you commit, all will be custom ordered per spec and be sold at MSRP, whatever that is.

As by the measurements, it's about a foot shorter than the QP, so it is a BIG car. My guess is they are going after the CGT crowd.

Since I have heard notta from Alfa on my 8C position request letter, I am really looking hard at this.

And what exterior color would I order..... ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. alfaromeomilano

Aug 10, 2005
    #185 alfaromeomilano, Jun 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In Italy & Germany they released a base price at Quattroporte Automatic level.

Italy
    Quattroporte Automatic 114.100€
    Granturismo 114.340€

Germany
    Quattroporte Automatic 112.060€
    Granturismo 112.280€
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    If you look at the size of the drivers in this and the photo thread, this looks to be a BIG coupe.

11. alfaromeomilano

Aug 10, 2005
    Well is just under 7 inches shorter than a Quattroporte.
    Length
    Maserati Quattroporte 198,9in
    Maserati Granturismo 192,17in
    Bentley Continental GT 189,13in
    Aston Martin DB9 185,43in

12. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Uh oh, this is not going to work here in the USA. A short wide style one could be hung near the bottom in other countries but even that will be a challenge.

Could this force a styling change?

Bob S.

13. ARED4RE

ARED4RE Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    MSRP including destination charge, dealer prep, and gas guzzler tax is $114,650. There will be a car at Pebble Beach in late August. Dealer demos shortly thereafter. First customer cars around yearend. Stock car is pretty well equipped. There are only a few options involving mainly color of calipers, color of dashboard, wood on steering wheel, and choice of wheels.

14. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    In black it looks awesome!!! Great car! But - more horsepower, pleazzzzzzzzze!!!

Ciao!
    Walter

15. stevenbmaserati

stevenbmaserati Karting
    BANNED

Jun 15, 2007
    Claremont
    Full Name:
    Steven B.
    That 1/4 view shot isn't enough for me to completely judge how it's going to look.

But knowing Maserati and where they're headed, I'm sure it's going to be a beaut.

16. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The black/red looks very nice to me but I'd never own a black car.

However, what does this car and the Alfa 8C have to do with each other?
    They are so very different. How could one satisfy the requirements of the other?

Bob S.

17. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Yes, exactly; different requirements for different cars. The Alfa would be a second car, while the Maser would be primary daily.

18. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    OK, Bob might be right! But Maserati showed what can be possible with their engine - for someone else! They missed a beat and the new Alfa will be glamorous while the Maserati will become a daily driver "only".

It would have been better to offer from the beginning a 4.7-l-version with cc-gearbox and the auto as an option. In this case the next step in the development should be a 5.0-version then!

But, as I said..they missed a beat!

But anyway - as soon as the 4.7-version rolls out of the Factory-gates I will get one (OK for you Luca??).

Ciao!
    Walter

19. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Walter,

You know I'm a Maserati fan but their engine ??????

What's "theirs" about it except that it's tuned for broader torque and less HP than the Ferrari.

Bob S.

20. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Bob,.....its a great engine! But deserves more!

Ciao!
    Walter

21. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Could they even fit twin turbos on it in that engine bay and not have overheating issues? Maserati eventually got it sort of OK on the final Biturbos but initially, oh boy were there temperature issues. Same thing with the recent big Mercedes TT V12.

So, could they (Ferrari) do a real good job and make it bullet proof?
    Maybe they should sub it out to Audi or Porsche as Ferrari is no expert in
    street turbo cars.

One thing is certain. They would not use the term Biturbo again.

Maybe just a 7.0L V8. Now that's an engine Ferrari would never want in one of their cars Walter.

BTW, are you coming to LBMI this weekend at Pocono?

Bob S.

22. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    No Bob,
    can`t come. Unfortunately my mum got serious health troubles and she had a surgery one week ago. She will be back home next week but she is very weak. Have fun in Pocono!!!

Ciao!
    Walter

23. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Did I said anything about Turbos???? I never liked that system - only with the new BMW 335!
    Maserati had to tget the V12-engine from the Scaglietti-Ferrari for their new QP. With the new ZF-auto-gearbox....hmmmmmm!!! Perfetto!

They are doing one mistake after another - but very strangeled by the FIAT-money that Sig. Macchione is willing to invest in them!!

Ciao!
    Walter

24. Bcube

Bcube Karting

Jan 9, 2006
    I.E. in SoCal
    Full Name:
    Brian
    If Maser QP or GT went V12, why from F612? The last thing I would want is three year cam belt changes. Give me a chain driven Enzo/599 derivative...

On the other hand a 7.0L V8? yeah it'll have a ton of torque but a corresponding low redline. There is that little bothersome physic's law about piston speed. A Maser that sounds like a Corvette or Viper? Maybe for you, but I want that signature low displacement but high redline shriek that Italian (and soon M3) V8s are known for.