New 308GT4 YouTube Review!! (Parts 1 & 2) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New 308GT4 YouTube Review!! (Parts 1 & 2)

Discussion in '308/328' started by absostone, Oct 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Thx dom. Yes classic is the word. Fun to have a younger guy drive it. He was very respectful. He wouldn’t get on it!

Dom likes this.
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Maybe it was the Heavy steering!?

3. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    It’s funny, I’ve let tons of people drive my car, and all of them have been respectful and very cautious. I tell them, you need to rev it up to really get the feel of the car, but it takes a lot to finally get them to give it a little throttle. I guess that’s a good thing, and I’ve always been respectful when driving others cars, but it just feels wrong. These cars were meant to be driven and driven hard.

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    All true. But I think it’s probably the third or fourth time I ever sat in the passenger seat in 17 yrs. and wow it’s great! . not that I won’t let anyone drive it. I guess it’s just that I’m never really around anyone. But I will say after almost 4 yrs of resto I almost can’t wait for winter to take a break. As much as I can’t stomach winter in Chicago.

Dom likes this.
  5. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    Enjoyed part 2... I guess no part 3? Would have been great to see it out on some real mountain roads with some passing shots! Thanks for sharing, and again, lovely car.

6. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    I would rather see it on a track with a pro driver. That's what this car looks like it should be doing. Excellent restoration ! Will likely be big bucks in a few years, just like the 206/246.

7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Ian thank you. But No part 3. We are waiting for the mountains to be in stalled in Chicago!

8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I’ve done a few laps at autobahn before with it. And just had some fun in a few corners. But for me if it isn’t a purpose built race car it’s really no fun. I’ve beat pro drivers in spec Miata before. Which was really cool to have one of them come tell me that racing against me was harder than racing Lemans!!! !The early 70s car don’t have the braking ability nor handling. Plus it seams like the early cars have a odd castor that doesn’t help unwind the wheel. Thanks on your comment on the restoration. Never again will I restore a car. I hope

9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Does my car sound good? or is it the mic? the exhaust is a SS timevalve