New 328 GTS windshield. | FerrariChat

New 328 GTS windshield.

Discussion in '308/328' started by wmnewland, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wmnewland

wmnewland Karting

Aug 3, 2001
    Manhattan Beach, Cal
    Full Name:
    Newland, William
    I am painting my car and thinking us using this as an excuse to put in a new windshield. The old windshield has a minor crack (about the size of a BB) and a bit of pitting. So I could live with the old windshield if I had to.

It seems like any new windshield will be an aftermarket windshield with the Ferrari markings on it and the cost is about $1,100! Does anybody have a better price for a windshield for a 1986 328 GTS? Does replacing the windshield seem like a bad idea if it's not going to say Ferrari on it?

I am just curious what you experts out there think. Thanks

2. DBR328&330

DBR328&330 Formula Junior

May 31, 2001
    Winchester, VA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Reese
    The original windshield doesnt say Ferrari. It says SIGLA. The side glass says SAINT GOBAIN.

3. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    If you are repainting the car I would definitely put a fresh new windshield in the car...you will regret not getting a new one for sure...just shop around and find a competitive price whether it's original or not...I have never heard a concours judge make a comment on a non-original windshield.

Cheers,

TTG

4. DBR328&330

DBR328&330 Formula Junior

May 31, 2001
    Winchester, VA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Reese
    Correct. A windshield is a replaceable item like tires and oil filters- no deductions as long as it looks consistent with original