New 328 owner...from Porsche to Ferrari! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New 328 owner...from Porsche to Ferrari!

Discussion in '308/328' started by acastell, Jun 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FrannyB

FrannyB Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    Arvada, CO
    Congrats! I think you already know that the F and P cars are different enough to complement and not compete with one another. I have four P-cars from an A cab to 996TT, an '85 Euro QV and a "zero-series" Bimmer (Mini). They all fit a specific place in their respective slot in the garage. I have to be honest and say that I was skeptical at first about the Red car... Like you, my P-cars are drivers and are expected to be turn-and-go and I really wondered if the Red car would be too fussy. It was a difficult birth, but the car is really a joy to drive, dependable, reliable, and a very different experience all around.

Enjoy your new experience :)

Welcome,

Franny

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Spot on. Both great in their own ways.

3. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    Yep, the only way to fly... congrats!

4. wrouster

wrouster Karting

Feb 22, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    William Rouster
    I, too, have owned Porches and currently own BMW E46 M3, which has long been on my list. I loved the Porsches, but grew a bit tired of them and when I went for something different, I decided on a Ferrari 328, a car I never thought I would be able to own. I'd read many great things about the 328, but the car exceeded my expectations--what an amazing driving experience! My M3 is also amazing, but in a very different way. As good as the M3 is, and it is very very good, the Ferrari resides in another automotive world. Congrats on joining this world!

5. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #30 Jroe550, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great looking car you have there.
    I hope it brings you lots of happiness.
    I too just took delivery of my 328 in the last month after buying it back in the winter and waiting/hoping some 30 years to get one.
    Similarly great car with a good history aswell.

Have also come from the Porsche family...but decided that you really need one of each as they're just so different / great in their own ways.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Hmmm...inverted bathtub or automotive art? Making a choice can be so darn difficult!

OK, I realize that's not fair at all but I tried a P and owned one for 6 years and I admit I just never "got it." It was a very competent car - much more so than the 328 (and 10 years newer) - but i never really grew to like the car that much. I will say my wife really did and was quite upset when I sold it. But she won't let me sell the 328 at all!

7. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hi all I have a 308 QV and a 944 Turbo. Both completely diff cars but both equally rewarding in different ways. Love them both!

8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm a Ferrari & Porsche owner as well. they are both unique cars, and I love them both. What I do find interesting ( I know this is a biased group here) is that the 328 has really grown in reputation over the years, but if you go back and read the press reviews most everyone liked it, but complained of lack of power, stiffness (gts) and chassis lean...and that it was "old Fashioned" ... today what was old fashioned in the day - is a "classic Ferrari" experience.

If I had to give one up, it would be Ciao Porsche... but I hope that does not become the case!

9. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Of course if one posted the option on rennlist, it's pretty clear what people would prefer.
    I couldn't agree more about the classic experience. That's another reason to buy vs any of the current stock, should you be a fan of analog cars...

No question driving the Ferrari is even more of an event vs the 911.
    But if one had to choose based on the average sound alone across the whole rpm range, the 911 /964 would "probably" win the blind fold test.

Thankfully I have space for both and no intentions to let either go.

10. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Multiple owner of both marques. Going to the grocery story-Porsche. Taking the wife to dinner - Ferrari

11. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I actually enjoy driving the 911's much more (particularly the Carrera 3.2) but nothing makes an entrance like a Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Congrats and welcome! The folks at SFSC are great folks to buy from and it sounds like you got a nice one!

I'm a big Porsche and Ferrari fans as well - have multiple of both - entirely different beasts and both fantastic I their own unique ways... Enjoy the tour this weekend. I'm bummed to miss it but we're getting some much needed RnR out in Monterey this weekend.

I look forward to meeting up in person at a local event sometime.

Cheers!

Ruben