New 365 GTC/4 Delivered to Hong Kong | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New 365 GTC/4 Delivered to Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by FarEastFerrari, Jan 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    I will take a look at this letter thanks. I saw your posting on another site which indicated that this car was featured on a book written by Mark Konig 'Ferrari: The Legend'. I found a couple of copies of the book online so I ordered it.

2. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #27 FarEastFerrari, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    So we can assume that the Earl bought it from Brigadier E. Holland and kept it at least till 1995. Greg posted in another forum that the car was imported into Australia in 2002 so I guess we can presume that it stayed in the UK for another 7 years between 1995 to 2002.

3. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    i have used autoitalia (the new name of italian motors for those of you not living in hk) for many many works on new and old cars of varying complexity and value over the past 15 years or more. i am absolutely happy with the quality of the work and it keeps getting better and better. i have owned my daytona registered in hong kong for over 12 years and autoitalia have done a fantastic job on that car over the years. i am very sure that my daytona is one of the best in the world as is my 288gto.

contrary to the gossip the change in ownership of the dealer has had little effect on quality of service. before christmas i went to pick up one of my cars and saw 5 of my cars spanning 5 decades in a row being worked on. 2 are still there waiting for parts but that is not autoitalia's fault - that is the reality of classics and modern classics. autoitalia does an excellent job of keeping me informed on progress and inevitable unexpected challenges which arise during the course of a project. but i am one of the few people in hong kong it seems who is also absolutley happy with jebsen (i have porsches spanning 6 decades) so maybe you need to discount my views

4. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Congratulations on the Daytona and the GTO. I'm glad to hear that you have had a great experience with Autoitalia/Italian Motors. I was happy with Jebsen as well (I have owned 3 Porsches in HK as well). Have you heard of Blackbird Automotive? John Newman who was the former CEO of Italian Motors is now the COO there. Since it is a new company I dont know anything about their skills.

5. buster bram

buster bram Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2005
    mussolini's Garage
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Max lander lived in southport merseyside he owned a number of early ferraris he was a customer of mine he died late 80s if I remember correctly and he worked in london if I am correct

Sean

6. Herky

Herky Rookie

May 16, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Benjamin Schmitt
    Congrats on the purchase. Your C/4 was not far in front of mine on the assembly line. . .

7. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #32 FarEastFerrari, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I managed to get the car out over the weekend. It was very smooth. The gears are a bit hard to find, especially third. Am I doing something wrong?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Practice! The lack of a slotted gate makes things a bit harder, 1st and 3rd are located a bit more centrally than one would expect so takes a bit of getting used to

9. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    yes I figured I need to practice. Thanks!

10. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #35 FarEastFerrari, Feb 3, 2015
  11. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Car looks great.

12. gudz

gudz Karting

Nov 23, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goodhand
    I'm finding this information extremely interesting and I'm wondering where you found it? I own 14561 which is also a Celeste Gainsborough with the exact same interior however my car was ordered by Shaun Bealey in October 1971 and delivered directly to the Earls Court Motor show (as shown on the original order and receipt).

When I bought the car, I too was told that this car was used by Mr Shaun Bealey. Was he just particularly keen on this colour combination, or could there been a mix up between two identical looking cars?

I have lots of history on the car but I'm missing a few years directly after the motor show, the invoice has a note showing it was sold to Sytner, but I'm drawing blanks after contacting them.

If anyone can give me some advice in digging up this early history on my car I'd be hugely grateful. I'm also trying to find a picture of the car at the London Motor Show in 1971, but so far I've been unable to find anything that isn't imagery of BMC stands.

13. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    I am having Blackbird Automotive give an estimation on the paint and interior. Would it be totally tasteless to put a Scuderia badge on it?

14. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    I am thinking dark metallic blue with new Borrani wire wheels and a tan/light brown interior

15. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    I am also going to redo the mousehair on the dash

16. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    It's your car so you can do anything you want with it but I definately wouldn't.

17. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
    Yes ! It would be tasteless !

18. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
    I can vouch for Miles S too !!

19. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Car looks sensational man! Congrats again. :)

I never had the pleasure of seeing this car in person before it was sold to you, but it's a beauty and thoroughly enjoyed reading and seeing pictures of this car when Greg used to post them up for us.

Take care and enjoy in good health. :)

20. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
  21. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    #46 VIZSLA, Feb 15, 2015
  22. FarEastFerrari

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Thanks. The scuderia badge idea is scratched off the list.

23. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Thomas
    Can you keep the cloth inserts? They are now very rare as most owners have replaced them with all leather. I think they suit the car, as the tarten is so early 70's.
    Enjoy the car. I have driven your car when owned by a guy previous to Greg. I think we had 7 C4s on that trip.

24. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    John drove your car?? Now you know why the driver's seat looks the way it does! His BeeGees cassette is probably under the seat . . . .
    cheers!

25. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You funny man Bryan. The clutch and gearbox got more of a beating but lucky for Thomas Greg fixed all that. And it would have been an AC/DC tape with Highway to Hell on endless loop.