New 458 Owner From Canada | FerrariChat

New 458 Owner From Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vtknight, Jan 11, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vtknight

vtknight Rookie

Jan 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    vtknight
    Hello everyone!

I am very excited to be here - and to become a part of this Historical Automotive Familia!

I come from a different car background - mostly modified high performance straight line racing - although in my 30 years of racing I have dabbled in road course racing as well.
    My Ferrari specific story - and why I wanted to own a Ferrari - was a BIG shift for me. Being honest - I didn't understand exotic cars. I didn't understand paying more money for less performance (at least at the time I started racing back in 1990). It wasn't until I had the opportunity to race a 458 that I finally got it. And I didn't intend to - believe me. It kind of left me stunned lol. I didn't quite know what happened to me. I sat in the cafeteria by the massive bay windows watching the racing for a good hour and a half with a few drinks trying to understand what just occurred. This was 2012, and I owned and was racing a 1200 HP GTR for a Shop at the time - so it wasn't the straight line performance. And that was the confusion - why did I feel like I just took part in a very special event? Why did that experience leave me feeling special? Why did I not stop thinking about that ride from that moment onwards? It was the first time I got "it". Why someone invests in exotics. Why the aural, tactile, connection to the chassis feel - was something as intoxicating as it was.

Now I am so very grateful to share - my new to me - 2013 Ferrari 458 Italia. with just over 17K KM's (a little over 10K miles) and with the colour combo I always wanted - with almost - all of the options I wanted - I am extremely excited for Spring - and taking this event out for cruise after cruise. This car will likely not be a track car for me - perhaps oddly - this is a car I just want to wring out on canyon drives and enjoy with my Family.

I look forward to meeting many of you, and learning much more about Ferrari and my new to me car purchase.

Cheers and Ciao!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

375+, bball16 and ryalex like this.
  2. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Absolutely beautiful!! Welcome to the Ferrari Family and specifically the 458 sub-family ;)

You will love the car- the ownership experience and community- Cheers and CONGRATULATIONS

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Welcome and congratulations. Which side of Canada? I’m from Southern Ontario.

4. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Beautiful Congratulations!

5. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida