New 550/575 book | Page 7 | FerrariChat

New 550/575 book

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by piloti, Dec 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jürgen Geisler

Jürgen Geisler Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Hello Nathan,

sorry my mistake, you should have received the payment by now…

2. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Seems as though I sent Nathan payment just two days ago and my copy arrived yesterday - must have come on a British Airways Concorde. Thank you Nathan for taking the time and effort to accomplish this milestone work. I have a library that is really a library - shelves upon shelves, cases by cases of books, many autographed collector volumes - W. B. Yeats' Collected Poems, Carl Sandburg's Collected Poems, Stephen Sondheim's Sweeney Todd, Dennis Connor's Comeback (his story of Stars and Stripes' America's Cup victory in Australia), James Joyce's Anna Livia Plurabelle, the Autobiography of Bertrand Russell (whose lawyer in the United States I was many years ago). Now joined by The Ferrari 550 and 575 Road and Race Legends - Nathan Beehl.

What a gang!

Nathan, the book itself is beyond expectations, utterly beautiful, filled with more information than one could imagine collected in one place, what seem like all the photographs ever taken of our cars, the layout arranged with flawless taste. An extraordinary tour de force.

Again, thank you.

F456M, Jack-the-lad and piloti like this.
  3. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    I ordered for my 550 Maranello 109190 a book and nothing is going on now. How is the way? I get an e-mail or I must write a mail?

4. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Tim, Can I refer you to post #107, where I wrote -
    I appreciate all of you who have indicated an interest in these books. Can you please confirm which edition you want, via email - [email protected]. Thank you all.
    Tim, I don't have any email address for you, so I can not email you. Sorry, but anyone who wants a book needs to email me. - [email protected]
    As you can see from the following comments many people already have a copy of the book.

“We have all browsed quickly through the book and we must tell you that we have all been impressed by the very high quality of material as well as presentation and contents…” – Frederic Dor

“I must congratulate you on a first class voluminous tome. I wasn’t even aware of some of the “lesser” racing versions that had been created. I haven’t had time to check the accuracy of the chassis number list, but as I mentioned in Paris, I’m sure that you went and saw every car just to make sure that it was correct and complete!!! Once again, congratulations on a fine body of work” - Keith Bluemel

“what a great job!” MU – Germany

“Just received my copy and it is beautifully presented, great detail and of course- many great pictures. Can’t wait to start at page 1. Thank you, Nathan, for sharing your knowledge and writing craft on these great cars” – USA

“Book is beautiful and much larger than I expected” – TP USA

“A most enjoyable book on the 550 & 575 and I am very pleased with it” – OR –

“Just a quick note to say I received my book today, and it looks great, Excited to read this. Congratulations on a fine work.” – BN USA

“Thank you, Nathan, for taking the time and effort to accomplish this milestone work. Nathan, the book itself is beyond expectations, utterly beautiful, filled with more information than one could imagine collected in one place, what seem like all the photographs ever taken of our cars, the layout arranged with flawless taste. An extraordinary tour de force.” - SR USA

Well, what a fabulous bit of work! I take my hat off to you for the effort you have put in - a labour of love clearly. It has to rate as one of the best compiled Ferrari books I have ever seen. PF – UK

Thank you to all those who have bought a copy.
    Nathan

5. ColGraves

ColGraves Karting

Aug 1, 2017
    Cos Cob, CT
    Full Name:
    C.T. Graves
    We received our book a couple of days ago! Really enjoyed this. Thanks a ton, Nathan, for this!

Cheers,
    Chris

piloti likes this.
  6. Jürgen Geisler

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Looking forward to receive mine…

Will be a birthday present, I made myself! Please don‘t ask my age…

Jürgen

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  7. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Hi Nathan,

Just ordered your book through my local car book shop only to notice this thread later. I have ordered the standard version. Which should also contain the 6,000 chassis numbers but without any further details, correct? Are there chassis numbers mentioned in the photo captions of the racers and/or in the race results? Thanks for creating this book, looking forward to reading it! If I had known beforehand I would have sent you a scoop picture I took of the 575 near the factory gate when it wasn't introduced yet. Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Hi Peter, thanks for buying a copy and supporting the poor starving author . There is a full race results section, and there are histories for individual race cars, with race results and even test day results. So plenty of rece car chassis information.
    Nathan

9. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Nathan - book was received and looks great! Thank you.

piloti likes this.
  10. Red575

Red575 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2011
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimi C.
    Hi Nathan I emailed you some time ago to order the leather bound edition. Can you tell me when this will be available please? Cheers James.

11. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Hi James, and other waiting for the leather editions - the leather editions have to be hand-bound as they have to have an extra 120 pages added, but also I have been let down badly by the binders. I was promised delivery yesterday, but it didn't happen. I'm now promised delivery on Monday. So, nearly ready. Thank you all for your patience.
    Nathan

12. Red575

Red575 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2011
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimi C.
    Thanks Nathan for the update. I'm looking forward to reading your book and receiving a copy.

13. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    At last! The leather books are available. I will be packing them over the weekend, and they will be going out on Monday. For those who have already paid for your books - thank you for your patience.
    Note: I originally said that the blue books would be blue leather in blue leather slip-cases. Due to production issues with leather slip cases I have had to change the slip-cases (only) to grey material, which also looks better.There was the same issue with the red leather slip-cases, so I have changed them to red cloth clam-shell cases, with silver blocking to the front and spine.
    I'm sure you will agree - from the photos - that both books look very smart.
    Don't forget - only 150 blue books produced, and only 50 numbered red books. The red books are signed by Frederic Dor and Stephan Ratel. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Nathan

14. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Nathan- They look great. Look forward to my blue one.

15. Jürgen Geisler

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Me as well Taz, Nathan has done a great Job, including update us regarding the postponed deliveries… Things like that happens…

Jürgen

16. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Likewise - until next week, then!:)

17. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Arrived today - hooray! Thankyou Nathan. It looks very impressive.:)

18. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Nathan- My blue one arrived yesterday and is a real work of art. Thanks.

19. Red575

Red575 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2011
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimi C.
    Hey Nathan, my leather bound book arrived today and I must say it is magnificent! Clearly Nathan must have connections at NASA as the book arrived so quickly it must have parachuted down from the ISS as it passed over Australia.
    A big thank you Nathan for always keeping everyone informed of the production delays you suffered and when they would be delivered to us all. It was well worth the wait!

20. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan
    My blue one arrived yesterday. Thank you again Nathan. The book is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. dodici

dodici Karting

Mar 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA.
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Thank you very much Nathan. My blue one is incredible!

22. Jürgen Geisler

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Nathan, finally mine has arrived as well… Great book, unfortunatly, my car, according to the VIN 124558, is completely wrong. Bought it via a dealer from it's first italian owner… As the first owner personally told me, never had any intention to buy a red/black car, as listed…..

Jürgen

23. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Jürgen I'm disappointed that the information on your car is wrong, but it is impossible to be 100% accurate. Maybe an explanation is required. Ferrari gave me no information whatsoever, and that this table of 6000+ chassis is collated from information mainly supplied by enthusiasts. Steve Pickering has done a great job in pulling in information from enthusiasts, advertisements, auctions and anywhere else that he could find information. Unfortunately there will always be errors in such a massive undertaking.
    Nathan

24. Clyde Romero

Clyde Romero Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero
    Excellent book
    I have it
    Well done

piloti and Jack-the-lad like this.