New actuator question, I think | FerrariChat

New actuator question, I think

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 00 550, Nov 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 00 550

00 550 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    FL
    Full Name:
    That guy
    I have read extensively on F-chat about actuator problems and diagnoses. I cannot find anywhere that someone has had a similar problem to mine, so here goes. Light was intermittent, now constant. Both front and right rear rotate during system check, but left rear does not. Switched a front (rotating, and apparently working) with the rear left. Guess what, no rotation in left rear on start up, but front (former rear left) did while attached to front wiring. No apparent corrosion anywhere on back left electrical, sprayed and cleaned connection, still no rotation. Is this a problem with the wire leading to actuator, or could it be something with the actuator ECU. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It appears you have eliminated the actuator as a problem. I would probe the left rear female connector for 12 VDC since it's not turning at all.

On the male connector B (blue) and C (brown) are 12 VDC +&-, Probe the corresponding female connector receptacles.

3. 00 550

00 550 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    FL
    Full Name:
    That guy
    OK, I'll try that, thanks. Does anyone know if there is a second connection point between the actuator and the ECU, or is it one cable running the whole length. I looked on Ricambi and could not find a diagram of those wires.