New addition | Page 5 | FerrariChat

New addition

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GRZEPAPA, Aug 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Ferrari confirms from their records the options and colors chosen by each customer and sends the specifications to the model supplier.
    All regular production customers should get a model of their Ferrari built. Originally the model was done as a reminder of what was coming. The model was sent prior to the delivery of the real car but they seem to have fallen behind in their model deliveries...

2. ThisFlyGuy

ThisFlyGuy Formula 3

May 7, 2006
    SF Bay area
    Full Name:
    Michael
    do you have a larger version of this picture?

3. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    I will see what I can get.

4. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Have the larger version. Where do you want me to send it. Its over 6mb

5. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    White with stripes is stunning. Wow

6. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012
    Exceptional. Congrats on a dream realized.

7. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    PM sent.

8. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

The white, exterior stripe, calipers, and interior stripe mats are absolutely stunning - WELL DONE!

9. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Thx Appreciate the kudos!!

10. DPGT

DPGT Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Beautiful spec on the Speciale! Tried hard to get an allocation. Spider was my second choice.
    Doing the reverse on a 15 Spider with flag stripe on the seats all Sinister black and Alcantara all over. Coming in March/April.

GREZE what year is the Ford GT? Did you get it new? The reason I ask Im wondering if it could be the one I sold 05 #1927 and only had 1750 miles on it. I really miss it. Surely a work of art.

Frank

11. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Hi Frank thx.
    My 2 GTs are 06 cars - # 1905 and car # 1955. Both are Canadian cars. As you know the car production numbers did not go in sequence.
    One I drive a lot. The other will be sold at some point. It has under 30 miles and has never been plated.

12. DPGT

DPGT Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Frank
    PM me if you are ever in the market to sell it. I really miss mine and sold it due to neck problems and lower back problems. Had two back surgeries last year to fix it with Implants over in Spain. Now I feel great and regret selling it since I feel it to be a work of art.

Congrats again on the SPeciale! Just beautiful and a nice o mage to the Italians! Yes I can say it since I am. All the nonsensical PC stuff here now. They would shoot you here since your screen name is a derogatory statement against Italians or so they would take it (others that is). Sorry for going political. Stuff is too funny. Oh yeah and your in the mob too!

13. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    #113 GRZEPAPA, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. Seaninhongkong

Seaninhongkong Karting

Sep 8, 2014
    Chicago USA
    Full Name:
    Sean
    GRZEPAPA, thank you for the post, very interesting. Seems you deserve all your good fortune. Keep up the good work on the charity items too. As for the car. I was thinking a white F car next vs red.... you might have just pushed me over the edge. This is stunning. Wow looks great. BTW, tell Ferrari the small model they sent you needed black side mirrors not white. Just a small joke of course. Very cool they sent that and the letter. Seaninhongkong - Ferrari owner.

15. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    #115 GRZEPAPA, Jan 31, 2015
    Also when at Cavallino this year met up with a great company doing CF and titanium products. Exotic Car Gear. Great Product and great guys. David was excellent to deal with. He has great CF items. And can do some custom work as well.
    He has advertised here with his titanium wheel nuts and special price.
    As you can see I have the Spieciale with black wheels but for some stupid reason it came from the factory with the grey titanium nuts. I wanted black. So Dave had a full set at the show and I bought them right then and there. They look great on the car. Now the savings they claim is 2.78 lbs over the stock nuts. But I wanted the colour so didn't worry about weight savings, as they are supposed to be the same as the titanium stock ones on the Speciale. So I decided to weigh them any ways as I was putting thm on the car. Well to my surprise they are lighter than the factory titanuim wheel nuts. Not much but 1 gram each nut. Heck weight savings is weight savings, especially when its a bonus. 20 grams is 20 grams.
    Best of all they look great.
    And the icing on the cake is that the original Special nuts I am now using on my 458 Spider with the grey wheels. I save weight and get a better colour . WOW what a great deal overall. The savings on the Speciale is 64 grams /nut! (2.258oz). Thats 320 grams (11.288 oz) /wheel. For a total of 1280 grams(45.151oz). For a grand total of 2.82 lbs!! Better than what they claim.
    Good work guys and highly recommend them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Seaninhongkong, thx and yes white is extremely hot /cool for an F car. Would be great on the new Cali TT as well.
    I know the model is way off compared to what car I ordered. I should contact FCA and see if they can make the changes.
    Good luck on your new Ferrari pruchase.

17. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    GZERPAPA<

It was great meeting you at Cavallino. It was our first year participating and we had a great time. More than likely we will be on the list for next year !

The Speciale in white along with your personal touches are stunning. You have quite a collection. I agree that the raw titanium bolts on the black wheels stand out too much.

Thank you for the opportunity.

David

18. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Thx David, Look forward to doing more business with you in the future.

19. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I can't tell from the photo; but do the black titanium bolts have the same taper on the area that mates with the wheel as the standard bolts?

20. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Yes, the bolts have a matching taper. The removed OEM bolts show a polished area where the bolt has seated into the rim. The pic. of the black ones on the scale have not been mounted yet to show how they seat to the rim.

David

21. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    I concur with David. They are tapered but a little hard to see in my pic.

22. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Thanks for the responses, they look great on the black wheels :)

23. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    360c exactly correct. Thx. Thats why I bought them.

24. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    #125 GRZEPAPA, Feb 17, 2015