New aluminium cam pulleys group buy | FerrariChat

New aluminium cam pulleys group buy

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by derekw, Jan 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    #1 derekw, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all,

If I get enough interest I'll get 10 sets of these 7075-T6 cam pulleys made. Options are type 3 anodised (bronze) or red type 2. From the 308 forum I have a few sets of bronze requested so far. I might be able to add degree marks to the outer edge of the guide flanges. Price would be $320 per set of four plus post. Send me a pm if interested. If enough people want a set of six pulleys for round-toothed belts, I can get those too. PM me if interested.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Are these QV, two valve or does it matter?

3. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    How about Mondial T?

4. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Derek,
    I am interested in a set of the Pulleys for a 308 QV. Bronze Anodized with the Degree Marks please. Let me know when they are available. Thank you.

5. DennisJohnson

DennisJohnson Rookie

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks for sharing.

6. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Fred and Randall, These are only for the 2V engines (208. 308, Mondial, 512BB and BBi)

7. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    Thanks for the clarification.

8. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    #8 derekw, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I might get a couple of the pulley dowel holes made 9-10mm to take an eccentric pin and sleeve. This would allow about 10-12 degrees of adjustment with very little extra cost and complexity. The drive torque is usually not through the dowel pin but through the friction between the flange and the cam but the sleeve will be locked in place by the cam bolt head anyway. Anyone who doesn't want to play with the timing can just use the fixed holes.

9. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Last call for adjustable timing cam pulleys in bronze (type 3) anodised 7075 aluminium. Price will be US$325 incl. the adjustable dowel pin and sleeve in stainless steel. Shipping will be about $20 for USA/Canada, double that for elsewhere. They do fit the QV engines but no point if yours are already steel (unless you want to easily adjust the timing.

PM me if you want some.

10. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    I have a few sets left of both bronze adjustable pulleys (cosmetic seconds) and non adjustable (bronze or black). $250 plus post for former, $320 latter. All are 7075 aluminium with type 3 hard anodising. I will put them on ebay as well. Postage is about $27 to US, less to Europe. cheers, derek
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    ... the big holes in the "fixed" sets are to allow an eccentric pin/sleeve as detailed above for timing adjustment. I never had the pin/sleeve made but if you have a lathe you could easily turn a set.

12. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    I'm getting a few more cam pulleys made as there were more people who wanted them than the first order and I need a set for another engine I'm building. The supplier has agreed to do both the standard 30 tooth trapezoidal cam pulleys and some Gates GT2 36 tooth pulleys with matching 24 tooth lower pulleys. The GT2 patent has recently expired. They will have 10 holes for the regular dowel pins (5 at 25 degrees apart and 5 at 26 degrees apart.) They will also have 10mm holes for the eccentric pin/sleeve for anyone who wants to adjust them 9 cam degrees or 18 crank degrees. Price will be $350 or €250 for four cam pulleys, $85 or €60 for two lower pulleys with GT2 teeth. Not sure if we will have enough to get both colours but for now assume they'll be black. The pins/sleeves will be €30 for a set of 4 pairs.

Email me if you want some derekrwhite at yahoodotcom and let me know which tooth type you want and if you want the adjustable pins/sleeves.

13. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    I am coming to the US in 10 days in case anyone stateside wants some HTD/GT2 timing pulleys. I only have one black and one silver set of uppers left. All lowers are black steel. £450 plus post in the US. They use the modern round-tooth belts like the Gates T201RB or 5352XS. I still have lots of 21-4N stainless valves for the 2V engine, air injection plugs (2V and early 4V), wrist pin bushes that I could bring if anyone needs some. You could also have smallish Superformance stuff sent to me (nothing hazardous :) to bring over.

14. 4G6308

4G6308 Karting

Jan 15, 2007
    Allen, TX
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Do you have anymore standard upper pulleys?

15. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    I have a couple of the adjustable sets that were swapped for the round tooth sets. Send me a PM. If you let me know by Tuesday I'll bring a set over.

16. 4G6308

4G6308 Karting

Jan 15, 2007
    Allen, TX
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Derek, new pm sent

17. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Craig has found some factory steel pulleys so no longer needs the four pulleys I brought over for him. They are the original square tooth and adjust via four screws in slots (yellow/bronze a few pictures up.) $350+ local US post.

18. 4G6308

4G6308 Karting

Jan 15, 2007
    Allen, TX
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thanks for posting Derek. Sold my set locally.

For those on the fence, these pulleys are very high quality and fit perfectly. The only reason I went with a stock set is because I will be selling my engine after the rebuild and wanted to keep it OEM.