New Apple Stuff.... September 12, 2017 | FerrariChat

New Apple Stuff.... September 12, 2017

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TheBigEasy, Sep 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
  2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    let me know what they do for iPhone and Mac Pros.

3. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    So far they've only announced the 3rd version of their watch... and that it now has it's own internal cell service to be used completely stand alone from the phone for calls/text/music/etc.

4. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Now new 4K version of the Apple TV... I have the current now and using the voice commands to quick-jump to shows is great.

+ better support for live sports and news

5. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    New iPhone now.....

iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus

Kind of a let down.... looks the same as the 7's.

Better camera, faster chip, etc.

6. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    ah.... there we go.

New iPhone X..... on top of the new 8's

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I've never been impressed with each iPhone release as they're always behind the tech that others phones have. For instance, swipe keyboards, dual rear camera, front facing camera, flash with the camera, 1080 resolution on the screen, OLED, etc.

For once, I'm giving them a thumbs up with the X (ten) and the well done design to minimize the bezel and in particular the bottom portion unlike other designs (Mi Mix, the Essential, etc). Hopefully other phone manufacturers head that way as I rather not buy a phone not specifically made for the US market like the Mi Mix.

The bigger issue I have with the iPhones are the inferior screens. Yes, the "retina display" is getting better each year, but they've still been behind. Not only with going to 1080 on some models and OLED with the X, but just in pixel density. My Google Nexus 5 is 4 years old has has a pixel density of 450PPI...about the same as the X now (every other iPhone is at 400 or less). The LGs and Galaxy phones are all in the 500s and pushing close to 600..it is a noticeable difference.

8. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Agreed, though I don't think Apple has ever really been a true pioneer in technology. Their strengths seems to always be taking existing technology, making it friendlier, then marketing it as innovative, which people then go nuts over.

I think their problem is now they do truly need to innovate. Google has shown they can create truly new products, features, etc. quickly, reliably, and at a far lower price, plus they are doing like what Microsoft did with Windows: make it available to many different manufacturers.