New Aston Martin Vanquish | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Aston Martin Vanquish

Discussion in 'British' started by noone1, Mar 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Well, not as cool as the disappearing rearview cameras on the Mac Speedtail, but cool...LOL

2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Reposting my comment in correct thread...
    I absolutely love Aston Martin (on my 4th with an ‘11DBS) for their elegant designs. As mentioned, they are a niche brand with a forte in design.
    But they are attempting to branch out into a new space - mid engine sports car (non GT). In the research group we were asked to rate this car against the 488, Huracan, 720 and 570. This is the market they are targeting. Well, none of these cars are in the $400-500k range and they have exemplary performance (720 smoking its competition in performance).
    Aston will not win in performance (Mac has this).
    They will not win in Racing heritage or branding (Ferrari)
    They mayyy take some customers for a different aggressive design and young customers (Lambo and Mac).
    The feedback we gave was that Aston has to stick with their forte of design and styling elements and they HAVE to price this correctly or else it will flop (like the Bentayga).
    I’m rooting for Aston but “Price is Right.”

Sent from my 16M

of2worlds and Rbwiii like this.
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Its a concept car. It doesn't even have an interior yet. It's going to change which is why it's still 2 years away from production.

4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It will change, however, look at how true to form they stayed with the Valkyrie and how extreme 003 looks. The Vanquish will obviously have more panel and shut lines since the concept would appear to have no movable hood/trunk etc, but nothing about the Vanquish looks too extreme to actually produce. It looks like a very exotic car that worst case would probably have a bit more space around the wheels and maybe a bit higher ride height. Nothing about it looks problematic from a practical or real world usage stand point. I guess the mirrors will change in the US, but Audi is already offering cameras in the EU so those might even stay too.

I think that the reaction to the Vanquish has been so positive that they will definitely try to keep as much as possible. I wouldn't expect a huge departure. The biggest departure in concepts are usually they interiors and so far this doesn't have one, so who knows.

Boomhauer and 95spiderman like this.