New Aston Martin Vantage being revealed in three weeks | FerrariChat

New Aston Martin Vantage being revealed in three weeks

Discussion in 'British' started by Robb, Oct 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I love the DB10 and I hope it ends up like that. I like the DB10's one-piece roof and rear design. The front end is also one piece and a pretty clean design as well.

3. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Looks like the new car has a nose cap. That hood would probably be very expensive even in case of a low speed collision without the nose.

The hood on the Ferrari 550 / 575 is like $12,000...

Robb

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The DB11 hood has to be incredibly expensive since it integrates cut-outs for the headlights and is the upper half of the front bumper. I found this photo that looks like the hood will keep the DB11's theme of integrating the upper fenders, but it appears the headlights are only partially in the hood outline unlike the DB11 where it extended below the headlights:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/amv-prod-cad-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Aston-Martin-DB10-prototype-102.jpg

Edit: Here's a pic when the DB11 was a prototype. The hood design wasn't hidden, but the rear floating roof was. I hope they get rid of that and go for the look of the DB10.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/amv-prod-cad-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/images/16q2/667349/2017-aston-martin-db11-prototype-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-667883-s-original.jpg

5. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Looking forward to this one. We spotted the camouflaged mule being tested on the Stelvio Pass at the beginning of September. No pics unfortunately.

6. Front kinda reminds me of the newest Miata. I think Aston Martin hit a peak in design with the latest Vanquish, then started a downward drop with the DB10, DB11, and now this. When I first saw a Vantage/DB9/DBS/Vanquish I loved them instantly. This, not so much. Even the DB11 in person I find myself struggling to find it as good looking.

7. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  8. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  9. Lamborgotti_Fasterossa

Jan 5, 2017
    Europe
    I hope it will look good! Because it's gonna be this in a few years, or I'll switch to a Ferrari :)

10. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    Testing at the Nurburgring:
    You Tube

11. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    I'm usually pretty good, I'm hearing a MINI VULCAN front nose.
    GTJOEY1314

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Can it possibly equal 812? must have dct at least. Aston always step behind ferrari.

13. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    As far as performance goes I agree but lately I feel Aston is ahead in terms of design. I personally like the DB9 more than the DB11 but even then I feel the DB11 is nicer than the 812 in the looks department. Personal opinion, of course.

G. Pepper likes this.
  14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    true, but it absolutely must have a dct to be competitive in this market.

15. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I like its new look. Had to try something different looking. 3300 lbs and 500 hp at $150k is all good but.....................its still got a...........wait for it....................slushbox 8sp trans :( loser!

18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    It's not instantly beautiful like the outgoing version, or the Vanquish. I'll admit I love the V12 Vantage and Vanquish, and think the DB11 is pretty sharp. But this will have to grow on me. The rimmed intake on the nose and the disjointed, M4-looking vent on the fender kind don't photograph well. And just a few mos ago AM was saying they would continue to support a model line with manuals but the initial press release is silent about it. http://www.thedrive.com/news/7749/aston-martin-will-always-offer-manual-gearboxes-ceo-says
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  20. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I bet in person this thing looks great. The lines are so simple and without 3D perspective could look a little odd. I don't understand why now worh Merc supplying drivetrains they can't get better trans.

21. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I like it.

22. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  23. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    #24 gtjoey, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    I think I was close on this one....
    Its fresh but a little bland on the exterior, I think we need the race paint job with that front grille.
    Your pushing 175 grand for the nice set up.
    Maybe alloy wheels instead of the black would help too?
    Interior is pretty typical , screen, digital and buttons all over.
    Do we like the Mercedes switch gear.
    Overall, Nice but Eh.
    Why do small cars now load up dials and buttons an screens......
    Guys is it me.......I just don't like the db11/vantage dash boards with the winging out a/c vents, it looks
    well, dissappointing
    GTJOEY1314

24. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    That front picture makes it look hideous. I'm not a fan of the front honestly but the side and rear view is nice. The front quarter shot is also ok but that Mazda looking front end...no thanks.

I guess it's pretty hard to top the V8 Vantage and DB9 when it comes to looks as they were pretty much perfectly proportioned.