360 - New Audison 360 Component Speakers Kit from Scuderia Audio | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 New Audison 360 Component Speakers Kit from Scuderia Audio

Discussion in '360/430' started by SoftwareDrone, Jun 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've sold dozens of these kits already. It's difficult to keep up.
    Here is an image of what the Audison tweeters look like in my carbon fiber hyper directional tweeter pods.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    How do you remove the tweeters from the doors? I don’t see any screws. I don’t want to break anything.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

3. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    If you watch from 5:20 to 7:20 in this video it shows how. It’s actually super easy!

Need4Spd likes this.
  4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Awesome! Thanks so much!

5. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Thanks Mike for continuing to research and put together audio equipment that are great quality and easy installation. I am amazed at the sound quality and the DIY option of my system in my F430 that I purchased from you.

Need4Spd and SoftwareDrone like this.
  6. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have two engineering degrees. I research the daylights out of any system I design before I put it out there.
    And thank you for the compliment.

911-AL, Need4Spd and nchhotu like this.
  7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  9. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Sorry for the serial posts, but I ran into more issues than expected and hope the answers, once posted, will be helpful.
    Here is the back of the mid Audisons. No plug. Just two posts, one wider marked + and the other narrower marked ground.
    The OEM speaker has one plain copper and one black wire. The green wire in the door matches up with the copper wire and the purple striped wire in the door matches up with the black one in the speaker. Again, which is the right polarity? Should the purple stripe in door go to negative in the Audison mid?
    But on the tweeters, the green in the car matches up with the black ground in the OEM tweeter, and the red on the speaker goes to the purple in the door. So, I matched the green to black to clear with stripe on Audison tweeter as ground. Is that right?
    Without a schematic, this is very confusing.
    View attachment 3426712

11. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

12. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, you are on the right track. The wire with the stripe is negative so it goes to the negative terminal (the smaller terminal which is standard) on the speaker. Same with the tweeters. The wire on the new tweeters with the stripe (negative) goes to the black OEM tweeter wire.
    This is all standard speaker installation stuff, such as drilling three pilot holes in the round recessed area on the door panel and using the stock screws to bolt the speaker down.
    Once the speaker is in place, you set the grill over the speaker, then bolt the large silver piece into place. Each grill has 4 small "bumpers" that prevent the grill from rattling when in place.
    FYI I've been trying to find OEM speaker connectors for these Ferraris for over 10 years. If anyone knows where I can acquire some, I will include the connectors for free in the speaker kits.

one4torque and Need4Spd like this.