New California Owner audio upgrade | FerrariChat

New California Owner audio upgrade

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by drjmoney, May 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjmoney

drjmoney Rookie

Aug 1, 2006
    Hi everyone. I recently purchased a new to me 10 California. The previous owner upgraded the infotainment system but for whatever reason they didn’t integrate the steering wheel controls. My understanding is that the Chrysler harness will work but does anyone know for sure?

I believe this is the part I need.

Axxess XSVI-6522-NAV

I appreciate any help. I love the car, but can’t stand the half assed stereo install (everything else looks and sounds great).

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

liquid360 likes this.
  2. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    I have zero help to offer except to say that it would really bother me also. The teen in me wants to add an amazing sound system to my 488GTB with a sub... the adult in me says “grow up asswipe”. Hope you get it worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chizz, KMac and AD211 like this.
  3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    This is one of the good things about being old a wearing hearing aids, I cannot tell the difference between the high end stereos and the (so I'm told crappy system ) stereo that was in the 4C. There are a bunch of posts in the 360/430 section about stereo upgrades and shops that did the work, I am sure if you called one of them they would be able to verify the part. Keep in mind from my understanding not every unit will have the capability to use the steering wheel controls.

liquid360 likes this.
  4. KMac

KMac Rookie

Dec 10, 2017
    Full Name:
    Kevin McClure
    Hi Jamie,
    Congratulations on your new Ferrari! I purchased my 2010 California about a year and a half ago and love it. I upgraded the stock infotainment system with a Pioneer AVH-4400NEX so I could have Apple CarPlay. I purchased a wiring upgrade kit from Ferrari (part #70003476), which included the black trim surround ,wiring harness and a "CAN BUS' controller. The kit was specifically for the factory upgraded Clarion stereo (which my dealership said was only available for Europe. My installer said the Clarion harness and CAN BUS didn't work with the Pioneer so he bought a NAVTV CANBUS to allow the steering wheel to talk to the stereo. Here is the link to the part. https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT760/uni-can.html . The install looks and sounds great. My only complaint was the volume down button only works incrementally (multiple taps to lower the volume). Volume up can be held down and it will continuously increase. The NAVTV website is not user friendly at all and you have to know exactly what you need (kinda like shopping at Home Depot!). If you need photos, let me know. Good luck!

res1afbe and Chizz like this.
  5. AnnBaker

AnnBaker Rookie

Jun 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ann Baker