New Car Gifts | FerrariChat

New Car Gifts

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Gullwing, Mar 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I’m sure it’s been mentioned before that customers of new cars receive a humidor box with model car and place to store a key. But what about the artwork?

I received this in the post recently showing a sketch of my Spider matching the spec of my car. What a nice touch.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    I hope that is not replacing the model car?

3. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I'm not sure, I only have the chrome model and not the customised model.

4. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    I have received couple of gifts from my Ferrari official deale (Ferrari mug, caps, wallet, key chain .etc). But no artwork.

But still waiting for the gifts from Ferrari factory. I have been told it takes 8-12 weeks. Lets see if they send something like that :)

5. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

My GTB was delivered in April 2018. I received the CF gift box with the chrome model in July. Several weeks later, I received a scale model which matches my car in perfect detail. And finally, a month or so later, I received a lithograph which also matches my car and bears the last six digits of the vin.

MANDALAY and of2worlds like this.
  6. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    I received everything but the scale model. Need to check on that...

7. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It is my understanding that the scale model is no longer provided; only the chrome model. I was fortunate to fall between the transition and consequently received both.

8. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Same here, Chrome model only (along with the wooden designer "Key" box), but that was a year ago, not sure what is being given now. Also received a bottle of "Ferrari" wine with my name and model added to the label, but that might have been from the dealer, never asked. It was also cool to receive a call from Italy thanking me for the purchase, I was very surprised considering the perception often voiced here that Ferrari doesn't really care what we think, that has not been my experience.

Jim

9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Last conversation with Ferrari Customer Service in Italy was that my F12tdf model is coming soon. But that car was delivered now almost 1 1/2 years ago. I've got an incoming 488 Spider and MyFerrari had a box to check to receive a gift - so I'll find out soon what that is.

In the past I've sporadically received lithographs with only one having the serial number, two humidors with chrome models, and some leather pouches. In other words everything has been incredibly inconsistent.

Viperjoe likes this.
  10. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I value the letter received from Luca in 2014 thanking me for buying a Speciale and the letter he sent when he left.
    Not special notepaper and signed in purple ink but still nicer than an email !

of2worlds likes this.
  11. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yes I've gotten some letters too. I should round everything up and take a few pictures.

12. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Bmill, of2worlds, MANDALAY and 5 others like this.
  13. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    My 2019 488 GTB was delivered in August 2018. No artwork here. I received the carbon fiber humidor a week after delivery. The leather pouch and letter a couple months later. The scale model arrived in late January, 5 months after the car arrived at the dealership. I haven’t received the artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  14. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Question, did you receive the leather pouch at the same time with your artwork? I received the humidor box and the artwork, but not the leather pouch. :(

15. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Not at all. It was all totally random. The Lithograph went to the dealer and the pouch came directly to me. If I recall everything was delivered post purchase. Leather pouch was only for the Tdf and Lusso (maybe just for 12 cylinder cars?)

of2worlds likes this.
  16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I got the pouch, the signed letter, the scale model and the lithograph but no box with chrome model and key holder. Maybe the dealer hasn't passed it on.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

energy88, Thecadster, LVP488 and 3 others like this.
  18. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    That is a really nice litho of your car. Miha is very talented!

Cigarzman likes this.
  19. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I assume the cigar box and chrome model is only for the newer keyless go Ferraris. 458s, Californias, and F12s excluded.

20. modelman992005

Aug 4, 2015
    my 488 GTB came on January 2018 . I am in Toronto and I just got the leather pouch. I thought I was going to get a die cast model of my car. Does anyone know what Canadians get when they buy a car ?

nimamd and of2worlds like this.
  21. Zombies

Zombies Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    I got the chrome model after about 7 months, and am still waiting for the scale model. I’ve emailed Ferrari multiple times and they keep saying it’s coming soon - the latest estimate is now May, which is 16 months after I got the car (!!!). I received the leather pouch a few weeks ago, completely unexpectedly. It’s really quite crazy how random and slow this is.

22. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    16 months after I bought the Tdf, I am still waiting for the model....

23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I have received all the above.

CF box with chrome model
    leather pouch with letter
    model ( exact my spec , steering wheel on correct side :) )
    Lithograph

Also 4 bottles Italian wine, hats , umbrella etc
    Not to mention VIP area at Ferrari owners stand at the GP and invitations to see new models being released, and boy there are going to be a few

24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    There are perhaps some unique challenges involved in creating that particular tdF model in correct detail! ;)

Challenge64 likes this.
  25. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I just need to be more patient ;)