News

New car museum in Pa opening next year

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Mondog1, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sharknose and waymar like this.
  2. energy88

energy88 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Fredericksburg, VA & Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    Would love to see a list of the 50 cars to be displayed. I spotted 2 Porsche Carrera GTs in the article pictures along with the Ferrari F50 and a Shelby Cobra. Some nice rolling stock!

3. Viperjoe

Viperjoe Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Birdsboro is in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country. As such, I would question the economic viability of such an undertaking, but it's likely Mr. Mascaro has philanthropic intentions.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    There used to be a nice little museum just north of Strasburg, not far from Lancaster. It lasted for a few years but ultimately folded.

(Strasburg is railroad territory anyway. They have 6 railroad attractions, including the Railroad Museum of PA, in a half-mile radius.)

5. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    He’s not hurting for money. He tried for over 15 years to build a racetrack not far from here. Bought over 600 acres to do so. This project has been shelved but hopefully someday it’s built. His garbage company is doing rather well.

http://www2.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=229674

6. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I went to that museum. It’s now a Amish furniture store. The car museum had a Tucker as their big attraction.

7. underpressure02

underpressure02 Karting

Sep 21, 2013
    X2 he for sure isn't hurting for money and they have been jerking him around forever on the race track. He has some amazing cars.

8. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Dillsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Sorry for digging up an old thread, but has anyone heard anymore about this museum?

9. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
  10. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This business, the Classic Auto Mall, is located in an old shopping mall in Morgantown, PA, which is located at Rt 23 and the PA Turnpike.

The "museum" that is the subject of this thread is located on Rt 724 in Birdsboro, PA. I went past this property in Birdsboro sometime last summer and it looked like they were still wrapping up construction on the building. I'll take a drive by again when I get back to that area.

colombo2cam likes this.
  11. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Wow. I forgot about this thread. Hopefully it opens soon. I’d love to see his collection.