New Cars under $40k | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New Cars under $40k

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by writerguy, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thats one ford I love. I heard the next generation is going to have a system set up that is similar to Nitrous but you never even have to refil it. It jsut runs off the aircondioting or something like that. http://fast-autos.net/ford/fordlightningconcept.html

Very aweasome vehicle.

2. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    Thanks, I like my truck.

Actually, it uses an A/C compressor that builds up a charge of cold air. When you hit the button, it injects that cold air into the intake. As we all know, cold air = more dense air. Thus, it acts similar to NO2, without needing to be refilled. Apparently it takes 20 seconds to recharge before it can be used again. Pretty sweet idea.

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Why has NOBODY mentioned the following? :

I would spend $6K on a good used Honda Civic or Accord and spend up to $23-25K on a 308 and save the $8-10K for a few years of expenses, DMV, etc. Whats wrong with this scenario?

4. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    So you want a new car, with a passenger seat and a trunk, and also good handling with high engine/drivetrain performance? Maybe even it can include a power convertible top, and be attractive?

Amazingly no one has suggested an S2000, and yet it will outhandle everything mentioned so far. In addition, you have lots of money left over for driving schools to ensure the driver can realize more of the car's ability.

Kind Regards, Chris