New CHP Automobiles | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New CHP Automobiles

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 1974gt4, Sep 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Entrapment State. Why stop at police/patrol cars? Let's strip all the marking off of fire trucks and ambulance vans so we can all guess the emergency service! Sneak up on a fire, there ya go!

Inside Sacra'mental' County, anything and everything could be a "copcar". I've seen pickup trucks to Monte Carlo's light up with SHO-ME Lightstorm LED's. Maybe we should motion to pass a law stating if you're not Vice or Metro, but on patrol, you are required by law to be in a marked black & white with Federal Signal Vector bar on top. Period.

2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I've been pulled over by a completely unmarked car and I have to say it's more than a bit terrifying. It was on a dark stretch of road, perfect place for an ambush. For what seemed an eternity, I thought I was about to get killed. I was actually relieved to see that the patrolman was in full uniform and legit. If I refused to pull over, however, I probably would have spent the night in jail with my car impounded. Complete stealth like this just to catch some speeders seems insane to me. It used to be that undercover cars simply did not break cover unless something was happening that was life threatening. Me? I was going maybe 45 in a 35 on a clear road with no traffic. Thankfully, they let me go with a warning.