new Coupe in the garage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

new Coupe in the garage

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by lukek, Nov 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I cannot wait to take this thing to a driver's school at Sears Point Laguna Seca, or Thunderhill. Traction off, sport mode on. Or maybe I will leave the traction control on....
    Yesterday, I drove it 160 miles round trip in heavy rain. Boss had organized a dinner at his house (mansion) in the burbs. It was rush hour, but partly in the carpool lane. What fanstastic torque. Even in 6th gear, at 65-70 mph, this thing pulls like a freight train.
    All that is left for me to master is quicker getaways. The electronic clutch is a little binary when getting going from a stop. I do not want to burn it up, but I have to figure out a technique for quicker launches. So far, it seems amazingly similar to what I have read about Cambiocorsa cars: engage clutch with little gas, and then press on the gas for the second time with a bit more enthusiasm...

2. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    If you engage the clutch with a lot of gas (e.g. you floor the throttle from a stop) with ASR (traction control) turned off, the car will do a crazy mental burnout!

The Maserati has stronger acceleration than a normally aspirated 911, an NSX, and many other well known sports cars...
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30747&highlight=60-100

- Jon

3. vpi_astro

vpi_astro Rookie

Oct 28, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Your coupe looks great. Congratulations. I have a 2002 Spyder Cambiocorsa. I had the 'low battery' problem but a s/w update installed a few months ago fixed it. I"ve not had the starting problem.

good luck!