New CS owner from Singapore | FerrariChat

New CS owner from Singapore

Discussion in '360/430' started by SFchallenge, Jun 29, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #1 SFchallenge, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello boys, I finally bought a Stradale. Went a full circle & came back to it. I didn't like the 430 nor the 599 while the 458 does not thrill me plus that fact that it's over a million here :eek: so this kind of fits the pocket really nice.

The story is that I almost bought a red one back in 2006 but the dealer wanted $20K extra so I took the money & bought a Gallardo. Went through many cars & just sold my 997GT3RSMk2, kind of back stepping but figured that I like this being simple, pure, light & quite exclusive.

Did the Ferrari Tribute to Mille Miglia last year & every time we gather in the carpark, there was a sea of red so told myself that my next Ferrari must be yellow! Well, I bought a red '74 Boxer last Christmas so this will be nice :)

She's a track virgin, an '04, 2 owners car & absolutely stock so will be looking @ doing stuff to update it. Might try my luck to enter her for Mille Miglia next year ^^
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #2 SFchallenge, Jun 29, 2012
    Do you guys think I should add the stripe to it? It was a 5 figure paint option when available here so none of the CS sold here had it (as far as I know)

I can get a good painter to do it or simply do the sticker job.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The giallo CS is one of the few colours I don't mind if it has a stripe or not. The yellow is very shouty already, it looks fantastic with or without. Difficult choice. You can add it, will cost you a few 100 $. If you don't like it, pull it off again...

4. Sidester

Sidester Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    Reading, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Lovely car !!! Congrats !

I think the yellow looks great with the stripe, go for the sticker

5. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Congrats!

I just saw your garage and had no idea you had that many cars! And...no stripe looks great but if you want, put it on and be different than the other no stripe CS in Singapore, I vote no though!

I thought owning a car in Singapore was expensive, is that true? :eek:

6. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
  7. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Buddy. Congrats!!! Glad you took her off motorway's showroom. She deserves a good owner n she has found herself one.

Fresh off my iPhone via Tapatalk

8. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    I sense a TiMate incoming.

9. HKYStormFront

HKYStormFront Karting

Jun 21, 2012
    Greer, SC
    Full Name:
    Patrick McGinnis
    i agree^ a tasteful, vinyl black stripe (think 430 scuderia stripe) would set it off well. if you don't end up liking it, just take it off. if after a couple years it starts to look a little worse for wear but like it, go ahead and get it painted professionally :)

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    #10 TheDuke, Jun 29, 2012
    Sounds like you got yellow to be different so why not add a stripe to be even more different? You said there aren't any where you live so it would be different.
    Not sure how much it is but I would go the sticker/vinyl route so you can take it off if you want to.

Here's a yellow CS w/stripe. I think it looks good.

Congrats on the new car. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

11. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    I vote for CS stripe in sticker form. Def not spray painted.

12. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Congrats on CS. I vote sticker job.

13. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Thanks guys. I've been trying to get familiarise with it. The tyres are 5yrs old with good thread but can feel it's a little nervous if I do quick flexes. The steering feel is not as sharp as my RS & visibility poorer with blindspot on C pillar. BUT the car feels light, very light which is nice & something you don't get in modern cars anymore. I'm looking for Bridgestone RE11 with 235s front to see if it dials out better.

For Michelin Super Sports, they don't have 285/35R19 rears but 285/40R19. Will fitting an increase in 5 affect anything?

Gear changes are very sloppy even in race mode. Wish it can be better but seems to improve on faster speed which is absolutely frying the license here so I need to bring her overseas to understand the car better. Will be getting the large carbon paddles & perhaps fitting better foam into the seats as they're a little hard.

Saw a report from a year ago that the gearbox mounting is cracked so I'll be getting a full PPI again to see what hardware & rubber seals it needs to make it feel fresh again.

There's two yellow CS here. One Tdf? blue, one silver, one black, few reds & a silver-blue. Probably two totalled & all RHDs.

I'll probably do the sticker & Duke, thanks for the nice pic! Can any kind souls please give me the measurements of the stripe?

Maikel, I'll definitely register it with your site. It's a great source & very helpful to me, thank! ^^ Oh yes, this car is SFM1999, the 1st long-time owner also had a 1999 plate on it but I'll be replacing a double digit on this next week.

14. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Buddy. Just give Jong of Gen Concepts a call. They have the digital file for it and it's top quality stickers.

15. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Thanks mate ;) It is expensive here but we have a unique tax refund system if you export the car before 10yrs old so it's not that bad but I'm wishing to keep this for long term like my DiabloSV so it's ok & will add a GT3 later on if funds allow.

Btw, most of my cars are overseas. Eg. the Boxer & E-type are in UK.

Actually my garage is really small. There's few collectors here who have a dozen of supercars @ home while some of the Malaysians have warehouses to keep their prized motors!

16. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Thanks bro. Will visit them next week & do the 3m on the headlights too. Did you do any film protection for the body?

I realised the usual problem with driving a bright exotic here, within the last 48hrs, a few pricks tried to race me! Arghhh....

I'll probably get Fabspeed headers, lower cell Cats & match with the Timate box. Then tune the bugger but she'll need new sticky rubbers & fix all the important hardware for reliability as well. One tuner ever told me that he increased the valve cover gaskets on F430 by few mm & got great results!

17. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    nice color ejoyed

18. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Very nice!

Question for OP: Do you know another Singaporean (is that right? Sorry, ignorant American here) CS owner named Gerald? I met him last month. His is Rosso Corsa if I remember right. Awesome guy!

Enjoy your car in good health!

19. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Nah. I left the extra protection out. To be honest at our speeds the film does little to help.

Good choice with Fabspeed headers. Good value. Test pipes with donate would be killer.

Yes. Pricks aplenty. I get civics chasing me around town. It's hilarious. Sometimes they just want to hear your F1 scream. I always oblige.

Interesting...About the valve covers. I'm listening. Any more info on this?

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    No problem. It's hard to resist taking a picture of a CS. It's one of my favorites for sure

Not sure if you saw this, but a recent thread talked about the CS and putting one on.
    Here's the link: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372556
    It sounds like a good place to buy a stripe is F360 performance parts. It appears the owner is a member here too

21. C360S

C360S Karting

Oct 9, 2011
    Congrats on the car. Beautiful.
    We should meet up and compare cars.
    If you want the stripe painted, I can tell you where I did mine.

Cheers.

22. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Please share bro. I might be keen.

23. psp1000

psp1000 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2010
    Nice !!

24. C360S

C360S Karting

Oct 9, 2011
    Here it is :)

Yew Lip
    Blk 15 Sim Ming Industrial Estate A
    #01-119
    Tel: 64536600Contact: Ms Angie Soh

25. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Ahhhhhh. Angie from Yew Lip. Who doesn't know her...I mean them. Popular amongst the Bimmer circle.