New daily driver inbound!!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New daily driver inbound!!!!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Scaledetails, Sep 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thanks Michael.

2. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Scale........Cool!

I am Looking into a Mondial myself for a daily, let me know how you like it.

3. ace_pilot

ace_pilot Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    George
    NICE! I was looking at a mondial my self. I'm not a big fan of the four head lights as oppose to the T headlights. Anyone know of a conversion for the headlights?

Ace

4. EnfieldJoe

EnfieldJoe Karting

Aug 25, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Very nice color combo. Do you have any othe pix to post. Would like to appreciate the overall look.

5. Earthboundmisfit

Earthboundmisfit Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What he said.

6. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #31 Scaledetails, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
    Thanks Joe, more photos coming as soon as it arrives. You'll see it in the flesh very soon!!

The 3.2 is one of the most reliable Ferrari daily drivers out there, 328 DNA with 4 seats, the best of both worlds.

I have never seen a headlight conversion, and not sure on the effect of taking away originality while spending a few thousands on parts. I used to prefer the square headlights as well until I got a T, then I thought the 4 round ones added more character on the Mondials, it has grown on me ;)

7. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Scale !

.....say it ain't so. You sold your yellow Diablo.....for this? :D

What make this car more of a daily driver than your previous Diablo?

....I drive my VT Roadster as a daily driver. :)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

8. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #33 Scaledetails, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009

Hi my friend. No, I sold the Diablo for a F355 Spider which I am keeping. I was getting tired of all the panties dropping with the Diablo ;) It was my Italian prostitute for 2 years, now I have a classy topless brunette. Don't forget I am a married man, you will soon understand ;)
    Besides that, I would not put the Diablo anywhere near the 3.2 Ferraris as far as reliability. Let's face it, one is a true supercar with a V12 that screams and somewhat shoddy build while the other is a more refined, user friendly machine, albeit not as sexy. Both could be daily driven as I have in the past, but I could not go anywhere with my Diablo un-noticed, not even at 4 in the morning!!

9. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

...know what you mean about impossible going un-noticed....

Married...what's that?

Well, I hope your "conservative" brunette lasts....I still love my slutty blonde in her micro skirt. :D

Oh since this the 308 section, you may not understand the "panties" reference.....

"When the doors go up.....the panties go down" .....yeah....that's a Lamborghini!

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

10. effer

effer Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    near Montréal
    Full Name:
    François R.
    Congratulations!

So, you sold your T coupé? Any regrets?

11. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    beautiful Mondial, we need more Ferraris here in Savannah. Demoise Trucking mentioned to me there would be a truck here soon with a Mondial for someone. they are going to bring my new to me 911 here in a week or two from New York.

you have a beautiful family, so i understand why the Diablo was a bit " much " here. hell people actually still get excited here to see 308s :)

Joe F. with the black Countach ( and 2 other Lambos) and your former yellow Diablo were always the talk of the town.

enjoy your new beauty.

Michael

12. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    This is a family website. But I agree, more pics please. Really nice color! You've got to get rid of that parking pass hanging off the rear view mirror ASAP. She's not designed to be parked!

13. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    No regrets at all, I wanted a different color other than red, and I also wanted to go back to the 3.2, more reliable than the T overall. The T cost me $10K in just a few months I had it. I hope the 3.2 will be kinder ;)

14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Hi Michael,

Glad to see the Mondi will have a local buddy in the truck. I have used Demoise ever since you referred them on F-chat, world class service. Maybe he can unload both cars at the same time and we can check them out?

15. Futureman

Futureman Formula 3

May 16, 2007
    #40 Futureman, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    Although I'm not a Mondi fan per se, in my worthless opinion, the 3.2 coupe is the best of the line. I know the drop tops are fun to cruise in (as all convertibles, right?), but the 3.2 coupe has more of what I like about the Mondi and less of what I don't.

Nice addition!

P.S. More pictures! A full shot of the exterior would be nice.

16. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Who cares about the headlights? You'll be driving, not looking at them!! ;-)

I like my 3.2, was thinking of a T for the wife..

Stephane, yours is sold?? No likey the T??

17. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Yes, sold the T, right after I spent a fortune getting it right. I keep going back to the 3.2, it has everything for me, and less maintenance than the "T" for sure, that alone is worth sticking with the 3.2. The only cool thing I liked about the "T" was the exclusivity, only 43 are in the US.

18. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i always have my cars delivered to Joe Frazars car dealership. i am at work during the day, and prefer to have the cars delivered there, and then we go over them on a lift before i drive them home. i am sure Joe would love to see you and see the Mondial.

i dont know where your Mondial is coming from, but my 911 Carrera is coming from upper New York State. they were going to *try* to get the 911 the first part of next week, if not, they said it would be picked up the following week.

i have been super happy with the folks at Demoise, and i am glad you used them on my recommendation. it usually takes a week or two to get a car picked up, and then a week once its picked up to get delivered. cross country trips will take a bit longer, of course.

i have a Porsche Targa thread going on in the Porsche section if you want to see pics of my new to me Targa. it will be the first open top Targa type car i have purposely bought for some time. i never took the top off my 2 jalpas, or the turbo Esprit SE i had.

back on topic, i would love to request a ride in the Mondial. i remember as a young boy going to Newport Imports in California and seeing the new Ferraris. those guys there had real class, and were always so nice to me, as a young kid. i specifically remember the brand new 308 QV's and the Mondials. i still have super old 35mm pics i took as a child of the cars at the dealership with my very own camera. :)

Michael

19. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #44 Scaledetails, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009

Not a problem, if that makes it easier for the driver (Don), I can pick up the Mondi at Joe's dealership, unless it's pouring rain of course. We'll give each other a ride when you are ready as I have always loved the Targa Porsches but never had a ride in one. Talk about a lot of car for the money!! Looks like a well bought car, congrats.
    The Mondial is coming from Beverly Hills, CA. Last time I used Demoise coast to coast delivery, they had my car home in less than 2 days, I couldn't believe it. Now it looks more like 2 weeks, but may be worth the wait!

20. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    The only problem I have with 3.2 is that the air conditioner, at least in the cab, is marginal for our excessive summer heat. Do you have the same problem? I have fixed all leaks, plugged up useless vents, new dryer, etc..

H

21. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Absolutely right, I remember the AC in my T was the best I ever had in a Ferrari.

22. t3thomas

t3thomas Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    GThomas
    Wow that bay is beatiful. A gorgous exterior and a matching engine bay. I've got to say that's one of the nicest Mondi's I've seen. I'm jealous now.

23. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #48 Scaledetails, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have had it for 2 weeks now, and it is nothing but pure bliss. This is a superb car, well maintained, runs better than a Rolex. The previous owner, a doctor in Beverly Hills really impressed me to say the least, I thought I was meticulous with caring for my cars, this guy surpassed me.
    I've taken her everywhere, including a trip to Florida. Best daily driver I could have possibly chosen in that price range. Enjoy the pics!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    #49 MBFerrari, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    Absolutely fantastic looking car! Keep us informed as to how you like it as a DD. Honestly I was never overly fond of Mondials, but yours is stunning in that color combo and from the pics you are not kidding when you say the previous owner was meticulous.

Best of luck and keep that one looking great like the day she arrived to you - Congrats!

MB

25. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thanks, the pictures don't do it justice. It looks like a 2009 with that color on it, and since it has the 328 DNA, daily driving is simply a breeze.