New evidence in Stepneygate | Page 11 | FerrariChat

New evidence in Stepneygate

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Sep 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You are touching a nerve with me here. I stated a while ago, that I don't think Alonsohole is clever nor funny and borderline against the rules. I let it slip and accept your criticism for that. It just got too prevalent to weed it out. Personally I like Unfairnando and think that hits it more on the head (I was a big FA fan until his despicable acts at Hungary qualifying).

Anyway, what I can't tolerate is users calling each other names. I totally hate to ban people and rarely do it, but if the mud slinging doesn't stop, I'll ban every participant. Fair or unfair. You can call me Unfairndreas then. :)

2. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    +1, I´ve felt the same for lauda since he did his bravatas at Jaguar...

3. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    There are also places on the Internet for typing in all caps. Actually wait no, typing in all caps is always frowned upon and not generally encouraged.

That being said, it's nice to have a healthy debate. Kimi is one of my favorite drivers, and I hope his sore neck gets better! Massa is a good sport and has worked hard this year, and I hope Ferrari retains him for 2008.

I do wish the Scuderia the best of luck, and look forward to watching the rest of the season.

Thanks for chilling out... surely we can support any team without being accused of being in the wrong place?

~shahedc

4. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Understood. Thank you for your response.

5. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    His "despicable" act in Hungary qualifying was a very unfortunate and stupid overreaction provoked by LH's disobedience to team orders. And FA paid a justifiable and heavy price for it. What about giving him just a small, tiny, minuscule break now? He's not exactly a bad driver, and who knows who he might end up driving for in the future...

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I hear you and as I said I was a big FA fan. It's just that the scene at Hungary reminded me so much of Monaco qualifying a year earlier where I was about ready to murder MS.

Deliberately inhibiting an opponent at driving a qualifying lap simply makes me insanely mad. I find this the lowest of the low (much worse than pushing an opponent off the track during the race). And strangely enough only the world champions seem to have a need to do it. In 06 it was the multi champ who was getting desperate against the young gun and now history repeated itself.

Apart from that: I am completely and utterly biased pro Hamilton. :)

But: If FA ends up driving for Ferrari, all will be forgiven.

7. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    +1

I find it disappointing that some of those questioning our Ferrari "credentials" couldn't see fit to support Kimi at the beginning of the season. I guess the definition of what constitutes a Ferrari "supporter" depends on what issue we are debating... :rolleyes:

Easy on Andreas, Julio. He is one of the good guys.

8. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    +1

In two seasons, we are going to forget the names Kimi and Fernando.

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Interesting question.

I agree that in two seasons Kimi will be another Ralf. In a couple of years he will "retire" in the same way Ralf retired to Toyota or Rubens to Honda. A fat payday for circling the track. Oh wait, he is already doing that now. :)

Fernando I'm not sure. Unless his head explodes while having another tantrum fit, I could see him continue to win championships or at least duell for them. In the long run the future belongs to Hamilton, but Fernando is still young too.

10. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Yep, Senna at Monaco in 1985 for example (although he wasn't even a champion yet).

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Refresh my memory pls, what did he do?

12. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    After setting fastest qualifying time he deliberately kept driving around on worn tires thus ruining other driver's laps (including Alboreto who wasn't pleased at all).

When reading back reports of those days it strikes me that back then a lot of dirty tricks were played as well but nothing was really done about it. It seems to me that with today's coverage and websites etc. the drivers are under a microscope compared to 20 years ago.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Interesting, didn't know that. Although adding to the traffic in Monaco and blocking the track are still two different things.

You got a point about the coverage etc. When asked about he Hungaroring debacle this year, Nikki Lauda said, he would have done the same thing, but more hidden: He would have stalled the engine in the pits.

14. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I am sure that Stepney was upset because he got passed up for a promotion, he wasn't the first person on this planet to be upset at his superiors at work and he won't be the last. I would also bet that just about every single person out there believe that they should be promoted instead of their co-workers, just like Stepney, but none of these are reasons to give a person the right, to knowingly take confidential docuements to their company's competitor. When they do, it is considered a criminal act and they are rightfully charged and punished for their actions. Allow me to ask you the following, does everyone in the corp like each other and their C.O.? what does the corp do to a soldier who one day decides that he is just going to leave the unit completely unauthorized due to philosophical differences? Do you blame his C.O. for him going A.W.O.L? Should his C.O. be more attentive and more sensitive to his needs?

For the record, I too am starting to think that the famous Quad of Todt, Brawn, Barns and Schumacher is actually a Triad of Brawn, Barns and Schumacher, but IMO, pinning this whole spying episode on Todt's head is just plain ridiculous.

15. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    We will thus refer to them as King Raikkonen of Finland, Italy, and the Tifosi, who rules under Emperors Schumacher and Todt, the supreme rulers of the Kingdom of Ferrari.
    We show now also refer to Fernando as Jester Alonso, fool of Formula 1.
    King Raikkonen will be a 2 time world champion and Jester Alonso will the laughing stock of NASCAR.

16. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I am not pinning blame on Todt, I do agree that most folks would not act as Stepney did under similar circumstances, I was discussing Lauda's point. The fact is that Ferrari has a history of Machiavellian dealings internally and with Brawn and Schumacher's absence, this sad state of affairs seems to be re-emerging at Ferrari. We don't really know what happened to cause Stepney to act as he did, however if there is tumult within the Ferrari organization, one must look to its head to see what is being done about it.

A while ago early in the season, I made a comment about the loss of Brawn's stabilizing influence being the wild card in Ferrari's season. It may be that this in fact is coming to pass. One thing is very likely, none of this would have happened under Brawn's watch.