New "Evolution" Tubi exhaust for F430. | FerrariChat

New "Evolution" Tubi exhaust for F430.

Discussion in '360/430' started by manu, Oct 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu
    Hi chaps!

Sorry about the spam message - can't think of a better way for people to see it (and we ARE a sponsor I suppose!), but there's a a pretty radical new tubi Tubi "Evolution" Exhaust out for the 430 that we'd like you to look at.

To cut a long story short, the **key** design brief was to lift the "pitch" of the 430's deep OE exhaust note up a few octaves... this is NOT a straighforward process: we've THOROUGHLY looked into a few video clips floating about on the web and there's a fair bit of "enhancement" going on "post-production" -
    In any case, tubi have done a radical re-design....Piccies and loads of techincal information on the page below:

http://www.scuderiasystems.com/prod-special-tubi430evo.html

Email your q's, if you have any, direct to our website and we'll get back to you chaps!

What would be nice is your feedback on the new Titanium tips....

Cheers!

2. bryanc4

bryanc4 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    Delray/Boca, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    on paper tubi makes it very appealing... any videos/sound bytes??

3. jir591

jir591 Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    you aren't going to get much interest without before and after videos.

4. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Agreed.

Conceptually this is interesting, but you're trying to sell us on a sound... without a sound clip.

Please make sure it's done well, with high-quality gear... not just the cheap microphone on a video camera.

- Stock Exhaust: Engine start, engine rev, car launch and accelerate, car drive by

- Tubi Evolution Exhaust: Same as above

I can't speak for all 430 owners, but I'm very interested in upgrading my exhaust system and -- as soon as my warranty expires -- was considering high-flow cats and new exhaust (Tubi or Capristo).

Frank

5. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    That new system looks great...and I love the bypass valves as an option to keep things quieter!

6. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    The tips definitely look better than the first Tubi ones.

7. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu
    Thanks guys.

Just FYI, not looking to sell just yet....I understand.

We're actually more interested in canvassing reaction and what YOU chaps would want, by way of exhaust upgrade, from what is already a loud car that's been in the market place for a few years - Upgrading a 430's exhaust is not as black and white a situation as the 360 if you know what I mean.

Having said that you're feedback has been noted. We'll get you some high quality sound clips in due course. (no small task)!

Any more feedback on the "ti" tips? I am expecting them to completely polarise opinion.

8. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    The pictures on the website give a much better view of the steel tips than the TI tips.

From what I can tell, the only difference is the "blueing" on the TI-tips, right?

Personally, I like the cleaner look of the steel tips.

Regarding the sound/video clips, it's not hard at all. If you don't have an F430, find someone who does and make them a killer offer for this exhaust system in return for time with the car. Get some decent recording gear, find some decent roads (including a tunnel... trust me, find a tunnel) spend a day doing launches, drive-bys and other stuff we typically love to see/hear when evaluating an expensive exhaust system. And show most of the examples before and after the exhaust upgrade.

Finally, don't push the final product to YouTube, but instead use one of the higher-quality hosting sites. YouTube, while ubiquitous, forces the quality down to an unacceptable level and good video always makes audio sound "better".

I believe this investment in time and energy is what's needed to effectively sell this crowd on a new exhaust system.

Frank

9. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Any update yet?

10. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Price on the new Tubi ? How about the old Tubi tips - anyone experienced ?

11. SRM355

SRM355 Rookie

Feb 21, 2009
    Poole - UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Moore
    Manu,

Can you do the same thing for the F355 Evolution exhaust - video and sound with the standard exhaust vs the Tubi evolution exhaust.

I have just had the Tubi evolution exhaust fitted to my 1999 manual F355 spider, so looking forward to hearing how it sounds! I have bought the evolution exhaust without even hearing it! so a video would have been very useful.

Thanks....

12. cEd4jets

cEd4jets Rookie

Jan 30, 2008
    Sanibel Island, FL
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Just installed on my F430. Steel tips, no valves. I replaced a Capristo with cracked tips and broken baffles. The system is awesome. Very clean installation and incredible sound. Pics and sound clip coming soon.

13. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Excellent, looking forward to seeing pictures and to hearing the sound..........congratulations.

14. Edwinproxp

Edwinproxp Karting

Sep 15, 2008
    Hong Kong

Any idea how much it will cost?

15. Swiss Frank

Swiss Frank Karting

May 6, 2008
    Hong Kong
    #15 Swiss Frank, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
    Any idea how much weight it'd save?

And with the two banks seperate, that must have an effect of the scavanging resonance, moving the torque peak somewhat noticably... I'd expect the same amount of total torque across the range but distributed a little differently.

In short, with 1) videos (as discussed), 2) weight, 3) dyno runs, and 4) price, I can very easily make a buying decision. You aftermarket guys have NO IDEA how many sales you're losing because people like me don't have QUITE all the data we'd want to make a totally informed decision.

16. Edwinproxp

Edwinproxp Karting

Sep 15, 2008
    Hong Kong
    After all these months still no answer?????

17. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    I would like to urge the F430 owners w/ the F430 Tubi Evo installed to post some video clips!