New Ferrari Owner | FerrariChat

New Ferrari Owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SVanDyck, Oct 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SVanDyck

SVanDyck Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joe Michaels
    Well it looks like a lifelong dream has finally come true. Due to some uncanny luck with some very small investments, I have been able to accomplish my lifelong dream of Ferrari ownership. I feel all kinds of emotions at this time, but most of all fighting to stay grounded and remain humble.

Due to my luck I was able to acquire a red1987 Mondial with a tan interior. She’s not a garage queen and she looks like she’s had a little paintwork, but that’s ok. That means I can drive her without worrying about hurting her value. Every time I jump in and see that Prancing Horse on that yellow background, I know I made it. I won the game of life.

I also wanted to ask if there were any members in Houston. I would be really interested in having some of you over for dinner or maybe you could invite me over. I’m also very I interested in getting into some secret societies. I don’t just want to join a free mason lodge and start at the bottom. I figure some members of our Ferrari club would be much higher up, and with an introduction, I could fastrack to the good stuff.

Anyways, thanks for reading my intro. I really look forward to meeting many of you and rubbing elbows soon.

JJ, Julia and paulchua like this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Congratulations, great car. Enjoy and hope to hear more about your experiences.

3. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    He's not in Houston, but you should meet PowerPig. Something tells me you two might get along. :)

paulchua likes this.
  4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  5. SVanDyck

SVanDyck Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joe Michaels
    Thanks bud. Btw I noticed it said Splenda Daddy on your profile. What does that mean? I met this much younger lady. I asked her on a date. She said where are we going? I said Chili’s and she called me a Splenda Daddy.

6. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You might want to subscribe and join P&R. Even with one recent departure there’s still lots of Texans in there for you to rub elbows with.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Can we see a photo of the car? Maybe with you wearing your favorite Ferrari outing outfit? I'm sure the guys here would like to see it, and once you've posted photos and met some of the guys, we can get you into the owner's forum here. 1st step to really getting the inside scoop on Ferrari society.

D

paulchua likes this.
  8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

So Joe, are you struggling with the thought of posting your image here? A little self conscious maybe? Concerned about making the wrong mark on Ferrari society? Well . . .

I thought for sure you'd want access into the ultimate insider forum here, the Owners Forum. Chock full of juicy insider info, great "owner" talk and the like, it's really a great place to start getting to know Ferrari guys on a more personal level. Make the connections you're looking for.

If you don't want to post your images publicly, shoot them to me by PM and I'll help you find some members in your area who can help get you verified.

D

flat_plane_eddie and paulchua like this.