NEW FERRARI PROTOTYPE!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NEW FERRARI PROTOTYPE!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Modificata, Nov 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Mojo, since when has asthetics (subjective) ever been the selling point of an Elise? LOL!

2. Tactic

Tactic Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Richmond.bc.ca
    Poor Mans Enzo

3. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Not worse than an Enzo IMO.

4. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Well I like it alot better than the Enzo. However they need to get rid of the F1 wannabe nose. The tails lights sit to far forward. It is a bit too round, but over all I like it better than the Enzo.

5. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    I don't think it's ugly...it's agressive...just what a lot of the guys here wanted...atleast, that's what I heart when reading the posts about the 612 Scaglietti. A lot of you thought that car was 'soft' and not Ferrari like because it wasn't agressive...
    Now...I really can't imagine that this Aurea isn't agressive... :)

And...ofcourse, it still is a study...a prototype. I would love to see what happens when they try to make a real car out of this one!

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I LOVE IT.

That is soooooo far better looking than the Enzo it is no funny. Now if Ferrari produced that Lambo and others would retreat with their tail so far between their legs they would be having strange sex with themselves!

Whoever did that knows what exotic really means!!!

Pete

7. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    Now that would be an excellent 360 replacement, especially with the gold wheels.

8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Its one-ugly-fo-fo!

9. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Nice, reminds me of a design I saw back in the late 80's by a design student, it looked like the pagani but never saw production.

it is a step up from the enzo in styling (enzo looks like the jetson's family car) but the v shape behind the head leading back to the cover (obvious in #2) seems a bit weird. I would like to see Ferrari continure to show off their engines in clear engine covers.

i hope it replaces the 360 eventually.

10. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I like it! It looks so exciting. Even more so then the Enzo dare I say.

11. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    I think it looks awesome! My current favorite Ferrari is the Maranello for its "retro-Daytona" styling cues. But I don't think the 360 will look as good in 20 years as 20-year-old 308's look today.

IMWO Ferrari needs to come out with something like that in the $150-175K range to reestablish exotic superiority - at a somewhat attainable price. The Enzo looks great (in person), but with 400 of them, it's really more about credibility and mystique than market share.

Lambo, Audi, MB, Porsche, Ford GT, etc... are going to eat into Ferrari's credibility if they aren't careful. Something this radical, with about 550 HP would up the heat on the rest of Europe....

Just one guy's opinion...

12. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
  13. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    (tilts head like confused dog)

14. ata6996

ata6996 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    I think that this car is very good looking. I could just have really crappy taste is cars. I don't think that they will ever malke this car. But you know we all were saying the same things about the ENZO before it was ever created.

15. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Looks like a Koenissegg and an Enzo put together, heh cool.

16. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    This thing looks like some of the stuff the Japanase do in their over-the-top design studies.