New Ferrari site:AWESOME | Page 5 | FerrariChat

New Ferrari site:AWESOME

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by redryder, Nov 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Excellent Post +2,

I think not only Rob, but most of the moderators here do an excellent job and should be commended.

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I will do boss...........I WILL do! ;);)

3. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Dave[/QUOTE]

Now I am starting to understand this a little better. The fact that I am here assisting where I can, without paying for the opportunity to do the same means I am "Infringing" on this site. Interesting suggestion that we can easily correct, its my job to fix problems and your job on here to point them out. I do not remember this type of thing popping up in a conversation where I was requested to come here as a Pro in the business to lend a hand.

I have now deleted all of my ads on FerrariAds.com so this is no longer a conflict for you. Now, strip my title of "Consultant" and change it to DirtBall. At this point I then have the choice like everyone else on what subscription to pay for if I choose to post an ad. If I buy a subscription we can then change my status to "Converted DirtBall" and all will be well on that front. I had no idea that there was a problem here, now its up to you to finish correcting it with my status and then we no longer have a conflict and your insinuations will bear no merit. That was easy.

Now, for the second quote you used in a reply to me. I have turned down "Free" stuff out of respect for those that paid for what they get. I have deleted all of my Ads and requested a status change, is there any thing else you like me to do? How about a discussion on Heath Care....seems to draw a parallel to this. My how things have changed since I was asked to come here and help as a Pro in the business where I could, years back. I said it before and will say it again, coming up on 4 decades in this business, this is the damnedest technique I have ever seen in an attempt to sell Anything! Now, with my new status of DirtBall, what is it you can do for ME?

4. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Listen: anybody who used to screw his ski boots to his skis when racing (he actually told me this in one of those marvelous and insightful hour-long chats), gets my vote and my do re me single every ...time...over...Jacques P.

5. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Well well well...."SHILL" seems to be your favorite word. Honestly I think you are paranoid.

Dave, HOW MANT TIMES have you accused me of "shilling"???????????????????????

I purchase products/parts from all available sources worldwide.....I not only PURCHASE them but also put them thru rigirious testing to see the quality of construction, and use the latest high tech equipment to test any claims made and to see if they in fact actually produce any benefit to the cars handling and performance.

I am also very savy as to mfg cost and market pricing.

If I post something from lets say "Rock Auto"(a non FChat sponer!!!) you have nooooooooooo problem...BUTTTTTT when I PURCHASE one of Dave Helms products and find the quality and pricing far superior to anything being produced/offered by anyone else and post it here, I can always expect a PM from you accusing me of "SHILLING" for Dave.

I have ALL OF YOUR PM'S SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would you like me to post for all to see??????????

Your insulting demeaning threats,innuendos, and false accusations SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the one with an attitude problem.

YOU HAVE AND DO ACCUSE DAVE HELM'S FRIENDS AND CUTOMERS OF "SHILLING"!!!!!!!

6. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    #106 davehelms, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
    NO but I am guilty of using welded bindings that were nut and bolted in place in an earlier no brains era. Fatso said it best...its painless for the brainless...at the time

7. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Hey Dave, you said in one of your posts that this site is how Rob makes his living.

WOW!!!!!! Wish I could set my business up so that I was the only one to make the big$$$$$$$$$$ and get all my consultants,mechanics, and engineers to work for FREE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just guessin but is this the Idi Amine economics model the Harvard Business School teaches?????

Maybe I can set Rob up for a CNBC interview so he can tell the rest of us how to do this.

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

And a gracious good morning to you too Bruce.

I can see you're still a little pissed, it's coming through loud and clear in your tone.

Fortunately, Dave and Rob seem to have worked out a solution. What say we let them handle this, and we just stay out of the way.

If you're running a business, everything has a tipping point. The spot where one party is taking unfair advantage of the other. Here, if Dave thinks that's what's happening, he's free to leave, if Rob thinks that's what is happening, he's free to tell Dave to go. Has that happened? Nope, Dave's still here. So he must think whatever the arrangement is has enough benefit for him to stay, and Rob must think Dave's posts have some appeal to members here. Stasis is achieved. All is right with the world.

DM

9. F-Bear

F-Bear Karting

Jan 11, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rob Weien
    If I hadn't followed Formual 1 closely since I ponied up for the speed channel ( can I say that? ) years ago, I wouldn't understand any of this; but I do know I would never consider Ferrari ownership if it weren't for people like Dave and I probably wouldn't have been exposed to enough information over the years to make an informed decision if it weren't for Rob and this website, so...... I hope this all works out!

10. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#110 dm_n_stuff, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
    Wow,

that's quite a jump. From consultant to dirt ball.

Never suggested that, never implied it. I have NEVER called you a dirt ball, and certainly would not start now.

Don't know what re-lit your fire this morning, sorry that you feel this way.

Everything has a balance. You get some benefit, Rob gets some benefit. If your posts draw members, that's great, if in turn, the other folks here who didn't know of your products or services learn of them, then you get a benefit too.

Some folks pay for that exposure, they're called sponsors, and all they ask is that we visit their websites and consider buying their products. In return, they PAY Rob to get in front of the crowd here. Sponsors, per se, probably don't drive clicks, but they do pay the bills that keep the lights on. Members are what allow Rob to charge the sponsors. Without them, he doesn't have a site either. It's all a balance. We try to keep members happy, and sponsors happy, after all they're paying to get their products out there in front of the members.

As to what I can do for you if you ditch your status as consultant and become a regular member, I can answer your questions about moderating, I can edit or delete a post if you make an error and want it fixed, I can keep people from posting profane rants pointed at you, I can assist you in placing an ad on FerrariAds.com, or if you don't need my help and don't want my attention, I can leave you completely alone, so long as you play by the same set of rules that everyone else here is expected to abide by, and that you agreed to when you entered the site your very first day.

DM

11. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #111 bcwawright, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2009
    Dave that is the biggest pile of BS I've heard since yesterday.

SAME RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Numero Uno.....consultants were supposed to be able to promote themselves according to what I read posted on this site a couple of years ago.....could you post what consultants get for being on this site when these services offered by the consultants are free of charge to FChat????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Secondly Dave, how come members can post reviews,pricing,links to sites and referrals to countless hundreds if not thousands of nonsponsor products/parts/services/vendors etc. and you DO NOT shut the thread, or redact the post, or accuse the poster of shilling??????????????

BUT BUT BUT when in this case a consultant who has been onboard this site for a long time for FREE, giving expert advice and has drawn in countless members because of his stellar reputation, and then for you and Rob to quibble about this with him is absolutely foolish.

If you and Rob want everyone to live by the letter of the end-user agreement on this site then DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are VERY VERY VERY VERY discriminating when it comes to DaveH and you know it.

My advise to both you and Rob(which I already know means absolutely nothing) is if you are going to do this to DaveH and posters who mention his service/parts you had better start doing this to every single post by ANYONE who posts on this site. That is what is called fair and "in accordance with" the terms and conditions of this site.

If this is going to be a "Commercial Site" then call it that and make everyone coming on here pay up front or they can't log-in....atleast then we will all know that the sponsors(or sponsor) run the show and filter everything to their liking.

But if this is a public forum/community of F car enthusiasts, then there will be a free flow of information/products/services for all to benefit from, and we will support any sponsors according to their merits and reputation they have EARNED and not according to how much money they've spent promoting THEMSELVES.

12. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Bruce My Man!
    Dave, am I going to have to look for "dirtball" or your name? I follow every post with you, Brian, Bruce etc for the insight and knowledge you freely provide.
    I learned of Dave’s efforts to continuously improve the breed through good old word of mouth. This site does provide a convenient conduit for owners to benefit from his research. I don’t see Dave as the beneficiary as much as F’Chat. Win-Win as far as I can tell.
    Dave’s loss would be a significant loss to this site. Just my humble opinion!

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Consultants get a Rossa subscription and we do allow them some limited commercial promotion if that means a thread in Subscribed or a link in their profile. I believe Dave has received the most freedom in the past by allowing individual commercial threads in nonsubscribed forums posted by him, not a customer recommendation. As of months ago Dave, Dave, and I agreed that these should go in FerrariAds.com.

Shilling is shilling, not shilling is not shilling. I wish there was a magic ring I could rub for absolute answer without in-depth analysis and making a phone call.

Dave Helms and I like to think of this more as a balance and finding a happy medium. It seems like you are claiming Dave gets no benefit from FerrariChat. Would he have been able to market his parts & services to the Ferrari community as efficiently and cheaply without FerrariChat.com?

Otherwise Bruce I find your post to be out of line, rambling, one sided, and doesn't represent what Dave Helms and I have discussed although you appear to be his agent now speaking for Dave like he was saying it himself. I would think it was shilling if I hadn't already talked to Dave and understand you don't speak for Dave although you want to sound like it.

14. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Dirtbag Dave LOL

May need to open a few more pawn shops first

Dave's advice on this site is pure gold, and free

Now who wouldn't want free gold?

15. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Thing of the past Rob. I deleted my ads this AM and requested status reversal as I will not have my ability to place an ad here held against me. To make everything clear to all, I did not pay for my ad space, that was a Perk that came with a title. With the title and ads removed all this targeting nonsense 'should' stop.

DaveM,

All one needs to do is read your quote in my reply this AM. If you cant figure it out from that, it is well beyond my ability to explain it to you.

16. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Hmmm, Has a ring to it

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Watch any ol' show and note commercials.

Moreso than any other, note how often Walmart ads have aired in last few months.

Perhaps moreso in said period than ever.

Be advised each of these ads is paid for.

These ads are investments. Not expenses, investments.

Walmart execs could simply bypass the ads as everyone knows who and where they are.

McDonald's also makes it's money off the masses, and reinvests part of it into advertising.

One will also note a slew of specialty products are available on ads, be they print, commercial radio or TV.

Be advised each of these ads is paid for.

These ads are investments. Not expenses, investments. It pays to advertise.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think as of Wednesday Dave would have sponsored, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon as it would look like we forced him into it. I consider everything cool with Dave, the happy ending is just going to take some time.

I'm not closing this thread, I got in enough trouble closing it for a few hours. ;) If Dave wants it closed, then that is his call.

19. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    By all means, don't close it. But the thread isn't a "model specific discussion", and it certainly isn't about 348's or 355's, so why not move it somewhere else?

20. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

That's okay. We all like happy endings no matter how long it takes

:D

21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Good idea.

I've left a thread redirect here for a while, but it really is off topic, and that's where it'll go.

DM

22. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Wow! I've never seen so much drama on Fchat before. This thread has been an enormous waste of time.

23. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I wouldn't say it was a waste of time....there were some differences sorted out and some questions that were answered.