New Ferrari SUV | FerrariChat

New Ferrari SUV

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by scott peters, Feb 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who is in favour of Ferrari producing an SUV ?

1. Yes

37.6%
  2. No

62.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. scott peters

scott peters Rookie

Nov 29, 2014
    U.K.
    Full Name:
    scott peters
    I would like Ferrari owners opinions on Ferrari moving into this market for making an SUV. In my opinion I don't think they need to entertain the production of making such a vehicle and should remain a sportscar maker just because the likes of Porsche and Lamborghini have produced one ,What's your opinion ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Well evidence shows that there is a significant portion of people in the world that want and will pay for a performance luxury suv. It remains to be seen how well Ferrari hits this mark. I don’t know how long most “wealthy” people tend to keep regular type vehicles but would assume a vehicle such as an suv would be for more then just a few years.

I know a lot of the folks I know trend to trade out playtoy cars every 2-3 years and generally keep regular personal vehicles 6-8 years while those that have leased company cars ( of businesses they own) trade out every 2-3 years. I personally tend to keep vehicles for quite a while racking up 200k plus before considering something newer. Ironically that has been just over 10 years on the wife’s minivan and we are just now starting to look at other vehicles. Appears she is leaning more twards a minivan albeit a hybrid version.

Since these will see much more useage then your typical Ferrari it will be interesting to see how the craftsmanship holds up on the interiors.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There's a long thread about this in the general Ferrari section

IMO, if they build the sportiest SUV in the world, I have no issues with it. Enzo made the 400 with a GM slushbox. If SUV's existed in Enzo's time he probably would have made one too.

If there is anything that bothers me with Ferrari is that the cars have become more and more GT's and less and less sports cars. Today, if it has a mid engine and 2 seats its "a sports car". I think it should mean more than that.

09Scuderia likes this.
  4. scott peters

scott peters Rookie

Nov 29, 2014
    U.K.
    Full Name:
    scott peters
    At £265,000 is this going to be too much money to pay for an SUV of this kind?

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    They have said they aren’t producing an suv but an FUV that will not be known for climbing rocks.

6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    It will definitely be a FUV.

/s

crinoid likes this.
  7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Let’s hope it doesn’t suck.

8. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    The idea is appalling; the physical manifestation will be worse.

absostone likes this.
  9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There is a market for them and a good chunk will go to China. All you have to do is look at most of China's roads (outside of their freeway system) and you'll understand why.

Ferrari is a global company. Many in the US forget that. So they send 1000 SUV's here. What's the big deal?

BUT -- because it's Ferrari and they are the last, it better be the best and better than the competition. That's a pretty tall order.

11. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    So what? I'm sure there's a probably market for a Ferrari-badged 4-door mini sedan that competes with the Corolla.

brianweekes likes this.
  12. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    The SUV has got to be better looking than the FF!!

ZINGARA 250GTL and LARRYH like this.
  13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Their market is in the high end price range and not Toyota Corolla price range. That would not fit in their lineup. A $300k+ SUV would fit and they are in the business to make money for their shareholders.

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I don't believe an SUV fits the lineup of a car company based on a heritage of racing, but perhaps we have different impressions of what Ferrari is - or should be.

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    MEH!!!!!!

Ferrari races today because its cheaper than advertising. And people actually subsidize it for them!

Ferrari used to make and sell cars to rich people to be able to race. Now they race to sell cars to rich people.

Enzo's 1960's world is long gone. Its all dollars and sense now.

daytona355, tres55, Makuono and 3 others like this.
  16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I don’t want it to happen either however there is a chance that it could be very cool. Especially if the are thinking of some rally racing.

17. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Will they be offering the same free training course as Range Rover, Audi et al do for their SUVs? “Who to drive like a complete dickhead”.

Their courses have a very good uptake here in the UK!!

scott peters likes this.
  18. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Aston Martin had their successful Cygnet ($50K for a 'Yoda Low-iQ), ya know!!!!

Well, on paper......... before reality hit.

19. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Will it be called the Canyonero?

Boomhauer likes this.
  20. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    Body styling is laughable. Sure, I think they should have an SUV. Why not, all the others do. I must say that Lamborghini did a great job with the Urus.

21. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Toyota's Highlander will beat the pants off all of them and do it on regular gas. My 599 and Gallardo do what they do very well. My Venza does nearly everything my Wrangler does with comfort. I gave up flaunting success years ago when I got stuck in rural Virginia in as failed MB in 90 degree temps.

thorn and Boomhauer like this.
  22. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Porsche?

23. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I think it's safe to say that producing an SUV and a family sedan has changed Porsche's image.

jjmalez and tomc like this.
  24. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    you mean was

25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Maybe for the better.. In my opinion Porsche builds the BEST SUV on the market... IT is tough reliable and drives as close to a sports car as any SUV can..I think it has been very good for PORSCHE

jm2 likes this.