360 - New first time 360 owner! Car incoming. | Page 6 | FerrariChat

360 New first time 360 owner! Car incoming.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Todd Laing, Jul 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    So let’s summarize so far

1 most don’t go to see or get PPI
    2 transport takes forever.
    3 turns out ok.
    4 some myself included Don’t tell their spouses.

I like it. I have a transporter who consistently gets my cars to me within a week if anyone needs a connection.

On another thread it lists how never to buy a car. I’d say I’ve done okay without extensive PPI but not without engagement

It also depends on what you consider to be acceptable and having a history of a car. Lastly you buy as much as the previous owner as you do the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd Laing likes this.
  2. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Add 5. spend ungodly amount of money more on upgrades/fixes before your butt ever hits the seat -for me. (all thanks to the helpful folks on the forum) lol

ScottS likes this.
  3. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Same here. Got mine in OC and drove it back to the Bay Area...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Need4Spd and Todd Laing like this.
  4. Ruz1

Ruz1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2013
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    David
    It is a manual, the seats take a little getting used to, they are the sport seats and "hug" you pretty tight, you're in for a treat when you finally receive your car, it is a blast to drive, I had an F1 coupe before but the manual really makes a difference. You will find yourself spending countless hours staring at it's beauty and having almost as much fun as driving it.

5. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    #130 Todd Laing, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Man we must have all cornered the market on manual spiders! Definitely excited as its just now turning the perfect Fall /drop top weather(also my first convertible) here in Arkansas. I made the mistake of getting away from the manual on my last purchase and regretted it almost immediately! Cant wait to work on the old heel toe action again. I already purchased me some Ferrari/Puma driving shoes LOL(poser move LOL)!!

Todd

6. Penzinger

Penzinger Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Heinz
    Never mind. You are not alone! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Todd Laing likes this.
  7. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    It's funny about the shoes. When I first got my (gated 360) car, I had a devil of a time hitting the clutch just right. My foot caught on the dead pedal and my shoes just seemed to be too big. I wore sandals by mistake one time and almost got one jammed under the brake pedal. The foot area is pretty cramped on the 360. I solved the problem by switching to a pair of shoes that are a lot narrower than the typical shoe for my size and that made all the difference. They aren't branded with a horsey though (generic boat shoe).

8. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    LOL that makes me feel a lot better. Got same ones only white/black! My wife keeps buying me Ferrari hats, shirts n stuff. I'm gonna look like a ****** driving around in my small town with F-gear from head to toe!

Penzinger and Maine57S1 like this.
  9. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I have found although corny as it may seem good driving shoes really make a difference as they are designed to be very slim. I have pretty big feet and found them extremely helpful in my manual Porsche Turbo. Will see how they due in the 360 next weekend fingers crossed.

Maine57S1 and EastMemphis like this.
  10. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Yup... i blew through a stop sign during the Pebble Beach Concours and almost wrecked a brand new 612 with the factory rep in the back seat !! because of my wide soled leather shoes.

Todd Laing likes this.
  11. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I bet that was an oh **** moment! Lol

12. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    It was not good! the wife was in the passenger seat.. needless to say we didnt buy the car :)

Todd Laing likes this.
  13. Timber

Timber Rookie

Apr 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Really enjoyed catching up on this thread and can't wait to see the pics once delivery happens. I too fall into the category of getting into a manual, low mile 360 within the last year, Tubi already installed.
    To ScottS points:
    1. Site unseen with no PPI, spoke to mechanics that worked on the cars, reviewed docs and photos but really leaned on the interactions I had with the seller and what really tips me is how the owners can describe their relationship with the car and how difficult it is to let it go. Had a bunch of conversations with dealers/private owners who just can't convey any connection and thus they get a pass. I know it's not a perfect science making decisions based on that but luckily, worked for me.
    2. delay after delay on shipping, my 360 took almost a month to arrive after the initial estimate of 5 days!
    3. I found a few minor things each time but I wasn't expecting perfection so extremely happy overall.
    4.I have a couple manual Fcars now and the first, wife was fully aware of but the 360...well let's just say I waited until it was on the truck and past the point of no return before I got the pleasure of sleeping on the couch for a few days. Now, she enjoys driving it as much if not more than I do!

On the shoes, if you have large feet, they are a must!

Congrats Todd, you're gonna love that 360!

14. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I definitely do everything I can to stay off the couch! I’m looking forward to teaching my kids how to drive the manual. My son is 16 -daughter 13 and this is gonna be the first time we have had a manual around to learn on. Got to get our youth turned on to these cars so hopefully the manual doesn’t die out in the future. I know if I would have had a 360 in the garage as a teenager I probably would has slept in it!

15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    This.

A PPI is not an assurance. But the sense of the car and its history is what you get when you call the mechanic. The sense of pride in the ownership and respect for the car is clear speaking to owners. Everybody overlooks something or defers a little maintenance. But a little and a lot are far apart $$$$$.

So someone mentioned my incoming F8. Amazing car but the thing is the connectedness of the 360>430 is where it is at. And the 360 is so much like a go kart more so than the heavier BIGGER later cars. I loved my 488 spider but the connection is less and the specialness is less IMHO. I think as I progress Ill go older Ferrari not newer and newer.

Scott

Maine57S1 and Todd Laing like this.
  16. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I ran into the same thing with my last ride. Was high HP auto/paddle trans. All the bells and whistles. It was fast but might as well been a Cadillac after much driving. People think you’re crazy when you say 800hp was boring but it’s true. Can ever really use it on the road and your grandma could drive it. I to am thinking older one next. Always wanted a Testarossa which I almost went with before the 360 happened. I was just scared to pull the trigger due to all the horror stories. I’m thinking if the 360 goes well a Rossa will be next!

ScottS likes this.
  17. Mbelliss

Mbelliss Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Mark B
    This is a fun thread. How it ought to be acquiring a dream ride. Here’s mine: it seems we all have argento cars. I try to take it out once a week and it never gets old with top down and winding out to redline....these cars are meant to be driven! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ckrescho, Stev-o, ScottS and 4 others like this.
  18. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Love the wrapped wheel and upper dash.. Mine has those options as well.

ScottS likes this.
  19. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Your tan interior is the stuff! I wish mine had been tan. Best looking one I have seen! WOW. Beautiful car!

ScottS likes this.
  20. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Just tell people you are a brand ambassador and offer to take a pic of them standing next to your car!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

ScottS and Todd Laing like this.
  21. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    It would be cheaper to find a beater with a manual and teach them on that. The 360 lacks low rpm torque, and the clutch is not huge, so very easy to burn or wear it out quickly. But definitely teach them!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Todd Laing likes this.
  22. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Stev-o, ScottS and Todd Laing like this.
  23. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing

All you tan interior guys suck! Lol Jealous. Stunning color combo brother!

ScottS and Maine57S1 like this.
  24. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    thanks man..i hope it looks that good in person :)

Todd Laing likes this.
  25. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I’m sure it will be a knock out in the flesh!!

Maine57S1 likes this.