New (for me) Mondial T Coupe | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New (for me) Mondial T Coupe

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by gmark340, Oct 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
  2. gmark340

gmark340 Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I checked the trunk first thing! Nothing in it but tool kit and manuals. Besides, it's too small to take anyone on a one-way ride to the Meadowlands...:)

As to deer repellers, I don't know if any really work. The deer seemed to like the Ford Taurus that I used as a station car, coming from miles around to jump in front of it, run into it, chase it down the road and do generally anything to cause an accident. Eyes wide open seems to be the best defense!

3. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
    Check out:

http://americanhornet.com/

The discussion here, along with the testimonials, seems to be positive. Of course they want to sell you one, but even if it's only 50% effective, methinks that's better than zero.

In northern California, away from the parks, we mostly have to worry about skunks (who, unsurprisingly, grow up thinking everything else will move out of their way).

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Never realized how much more modern the interior looks in this car. My 89 328 does not look as MODERN as the Modial--in my opinion...

5. Jayo5

Jayo5 Karting

Jul 28, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    P C Johnson
    Congrats! Black and tan looks great on the t. I drove a bunch of BMWs in the '90s but none gave the same visceral response I received from a Fiat Spider I drove in college. Hence I went back to the pininfarina ragtop at the earliest opportunity. The Mondial t won't dissapoint you. What she lacks in cold start performance is more than compensated when you operate the car beyond the 30 minute mark. If your car sat around like mine did before I purchased it in April 2004 then you can expect the Check Engine Lights (CEL) to come on. I'm about 3 years and 3000 miles from the major service (May 2002) and the lights only recently became rare in the last 500 miles. They really used to scare me such that I was logging their occurence in my pilot's logbook last summer. Now I just follow my mechanics advice,... "If the lights come on then it needs an Italian tune-up....drive it."

Enjoy

Paul

6. gmark340

gmark340 Karting

Sep 21, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'll check out the deer repellers! In the part of NJ where I live, drivers need any edge they can get.

The car did sit for a while but had a complete service before I got it. There were no engine light issues at all. Of course, I decided that once I got it I would reset the system and began having check engine light issues after I reset everything by disconnecting the battery for a time and then idling for 10-15 minutes. Did someone say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?" I finanlly got it out on the road and really drove it for a good hour and that seems to have cured the problem. I've also ordered the appropriate booster seat so Junior can sit in back and come with me, now that I feel reasonable confident we won't blow up along the way!

7. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Very smart in black - congratulations