New Ford GT | Page 65 | FerrariChat

New Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SteveA

SteveA Karting

May 21, 2006
    Sandpoint Id
    Full Name:
    Steve Ard

Yeah, but I'm still so up in the air as to how to configure.

2. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    They are very cool. I've seen many of these cars going all the way back to the Detroit reveal and I'm still discovering aero details. The aero on the car is amazing everywhere you look. There are even NACA ducts in the belly pans. If you are into the race craft, you can really geek out with this car.

3. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm really torn. If I lived where you do I'd get the comp car in a heartbeat, but no A/C in Florida is a health hazard. My son is on the verge of hiring a Washington lobbyist to state his case for the comp car. It looks incredible in silver with the exposed carbon fiber stripe.

4. SteveA

SteveA Karting

May 21, 2006
    Sandpoint Id
    Full Name:
    Steve Ard
    Agree, the '05/6 was easy, this time around they're too many choices.

5. kevin956

kevin956 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Story at The Speed Journal on the car, the display at the Rolex Reunion, and an interview about the delivery process. They allocate 4 hours and you can do anything you want for the delivery - backyard BBQ, dealer party, get it delivered directly to a race track or ?? If the logistics are feasible, sounds like they'll accommodate.

https://www.thespeedjournal.com/exclusive-news-features/new-ford-gt-race-car-road/

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #1606 TheMayor, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Looking at the distribution of production over the various cold/warm months, I wonder if CF composite production (curing) is temperature dependent and limits yield that meets specs?

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The up to date number according to Ford is actually 71 cars with 4 of those being Canadian deliveries.

9. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Your seeing a production ramp up. Ambient temperatures don't impact the CF tub production. The goal is one tub a day, Monday through Friday, throughout the year. However, Ford is trying to control the distribution so people in the north aren't getting their cars when the weather is poor as cold weather is, among other things, an issue with the tires.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Wrong. There is a discrepancy between the sales report and how actual deliveries are booked.

7 cars have been delivered to my building; the last one was September 19th and that was the 50th delivery overall. It's at least in the 70s and probably in the 80s by now.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If you make 70 cars but only deliver and sell 49 of them, which number is more important?

It's the number delivered and sold.

12. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Obviously I knew you were going to argue this because you are TheMayor and that is the reason for your existence, but you have missed the point.

I'll type it again, but this time read it more slowly, perhaps even lovingly:

7 cars have been delivered to my building; the last one was September 19th and that was the 50th delivery overall.

The sales report is not an accurate reflection of the actual number of cars produced and delivered to customers. They have delivered over 70 cars.

jm2 and of2worlds like this.
  13. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    :)

I saw my first GT in the flesh...err Carbon Fiber(?) last week. gorgeous car. I'd take it over anything Ferrari is currently cranking out.

jm2 likes this.
  14. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Pics? What color?

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    1000000%

jm2 likes this.
  16. Vcon-Auto

Vcon-Auto Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Does anyone know any for sale in the secondary market?

17. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    No. I believe as one of the conditions for receiving an allocation, you had to agree to NOT sell it for so many of years.

18. SteveA

SteveA Karting

May 21, 2006
    Sandpoint Id
    Full Name:
    Steve Ard
    As part of your purchase you must agree not to sell for 2 years.

G. Pepper likes this.
  19. Vcon-Auto

Vcon-Auto Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Yea but we all know people still do not listen to that. Porsche and Ferrari say the same thing and we see those cars trade on a regular basis. Has to be some available out there unless there are just so few that nothing is happening. Find it hard to believe though

20. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    I heard that John Cena's is available :D

G. Pepper likes this.
  21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    SOLD !!!
    John Cena sold his new Ford GT car, but the company was not happy with his move.

Ford is taking legal actions by suing the "American Grit" star for violating their contract by selling his new $500k 2017 Ford GT. According to the lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court in Michigan, Cena was "selected from thousands of applicants for the opportunity to purchase the Ford GT," TMZ reported.

The "Total Bellas" star signed a deal where he agreed to hold onto the car for at least two years before he can unload it. The company claims that as soon as the professional wrestler received the vehicle, he immediately sold it for a big profit.

"Mr. Cena has unfairly made a large profit from the unauthorized resale flip of the vehicle, and Ford has suffered additional damages and losses, including, but not limited to, loss of brand value, ambassador activity, and customer goodwill due to the improper sale," the statement read.

The lawsuit also stated that Cena sold the car along with his other properties to pay bills. However, he might not enjoy the money he made from it as Ford is demanding that he hand them the overall profit from the sale. They also ask that the celebrity pay them for damages.

SteveA likes this.
  22. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

I wonder what "signed a deal" means in legal speak,? will be interesting to see how this plays out...

23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Like we knew this wasn't going to happen?

of2worlds likes this.
  24. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Good for Ford!

I'm sure their lawyers have this covered in the agreement and that is why they are suing. I would expect that there is language in the paperwork that if a buyer gets into financial trouble (like the article states) and needs to sell assets, Ford might have right of first refusal to take the car back.

Also, Ford is apparently learning that not all celebrities are good brand ambassadors.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'm struggling to see where there was damage. Ford is getting more press from Cena selling the car than they would if he owned it.

of2worlds likes this.