New Ford GT | Page 98 | FerrariChat

New Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    Love the red seats

2. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    #2428 Face76, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Returning from our farm and pulling into our neighborhood, I saw what looked like a purple with silver stripe GT. Same paint scheme as the Rahal car. Does anyone know anything about this car? A neighbor near me owns some really nice cars but rarely see him and really don't know him well. Just wondering.

Rahal's car just hit the 2 year mark last week so it is speculated that it for sale.

Rahal twitter says it just yesterday and coming to missouri but I live in KS so maybe just visiting my neighbor.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  3. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    A gorgeous car. My wife actually turned her head to look at it.

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Anyone knows what would be the cost for a paint to sample paint? Like a TDF blue?

5. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    It varies. Most likely $30k for something like TdF. It would be rare to cross $45k on an out of range paint request.

amenasce likes this.
  6. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Not the new one but a goodie...

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. LMT84

LMT84 Rookie

Dec 13, 2005
    The Woodlands
    Full Name:
    Lee
    TheMayor, 9nb, Boomhauer and 8 others like this.
  8. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Congrats!! Drive the wheels off it!

Joe

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  9. LMT84

LMT84 Rookie

Dec 13, 2005
    The Woodlands
    Full Name:
    Lee
  10. LMT84

LMT84 Rookie

Dec 13, 2005
    The Woodlands
    Full Name:
    Lee
  11. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #2439 BJK, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    only one more bid to $980k . This car was no reserve? Why did last bidder jump the price $36K and not, say $10k with 2 minutes to go ? o_O

BaT - "Plus the effective buyer’s fee on this car was half of one percent!"

Art138 likes this.
  13. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thecadster likes this.
  14. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    how many of these did they make compared to pista, 765lt, gt2rs, etc? i cant see why its doubled in value.

15. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    One big diff is that this is a standalone model whereas the ones you mention are based on a regular production cars sold in the 5k to 50k ex range.

SteveA and Boomhauer like this.
  16. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    dang... makes me feel bad I drive mine as my main daily driver... (nah it doesnt!)

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  18. maxemus

maxemus Karting

Apr 25, 2009
    Miami, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ernie
    Spec, livery, PTS. Plus it’s a sure sign owners aren’t colluding. Free market stuff at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davesvt2000 and TheMayor like this.
  19. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Do you know what i've noticed? That a really few people bought the new GT to keep it. The majority bought it to flip it.
    That really sucks. Of course my personal favorite is the 2005 GT.

20. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That’s not true. They’ve probably produced 1,000 GTs by now and you certainly don’t see over 500 of them for sale. Mine isn’t for sale. It’s a great car that I’ve come to appreciate more and more each time I drive it.

maxemus and NürScud like this.
  21. Ricks458

Ricks458 Rookie

Jan 21, 2012
    I think it's the opposite. 250 are made each year. Probably 800 + in the wild so far. The numbers I've noticed for sale in relationship to numbers produced are relatively small.
    I've got a 2020. Took delivery in February and have logged 2200 miles. I've been lucky enough to own everything Ferrari up through and including a Pista (nice car). My weekend warrior gold standard was my 05 GT until this hit. The car is really amazing from it's race car inspired chassis to it's, I don't know how they did it, razor like throttle response V6 turbo and the sound is intoxicating. If you were lucky enough to get an allocation for one of these magical cars (Ford GT fan since the 60's,) it does not compute in my pea brain how you could ever part with it.. Answering that question, I think most of the sales are cars with very few miles which means they haven't been driven. What a pity these guys don't know what they are missing.

tritone and Davesvt2000 like this.
  22. SteveA

SteveA Karting

May 21, 2006
    Sandpoint Id
    Full Name:
    Steve Ard
    I own one and agree with Rick 458. This car is truly special but it is a hand built, as close a you can get to a track/street car IMO thus has special needs and concerns. Many I know who own both have had to make the decision "do I drive the piss out of it and have a blast or wrap it up as a investment". Remember, the car was marketed to many who originally purchased a '05/6 not to the highest bidder/deepest pockets. When the car went for sale @ a 550k+ price tag, that number stretched many of the "golden ticket" holders pretty thin. My story is I live in N. Idaho and the roads aren't the best for a car like this but my main dilemma has been service. Because this car is truly different from the '05/'06 it can't be serviced by the local mechanic like my '05 can, (fact is I do most of my own service on my '05). Thus for me the car must be shipped to a large metro area. If I lived in Detroit, Texas, Az, Ca, Fl, NY etc. etc. service wouldn't be a concern. Also for me is the issue of driving a car like this that has become so valuable in a "non storied condition". How much is a burger at the local malt shop worth compared to my my chances of hitting a deer, rock through the windshield, pot hole, some F150 backing into me etc. For this reason I've decided to sell mine. I could go on and on about how my intensions were to keep this forever and honestly if the value wasn't so high and I wasn't so nervous to drive it I would keep it and deal with the rest.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login