New GT | Page 13 | FerrariChat

New GT

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by agrun, Jul 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DropNGimme20s

DropNGimme20s Karting

Mar 24, 2017
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Justin
    My other point was that it's way better now than in the 80s and given Albas used CF in the 80s and still show up at vintage races things have got to be much better now and will only get better

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    How about taking this carbon fiber chat to a new thread.. It is a fine subject but just does not belong in this thread....
    Very interested in thw new cali replacement
    Thanks
    larryh

3. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I second the motion!

4. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    And who knows ... maybe the new car is CF? lol

5. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Looking at the way the world is moving towards more practicality and usage from cars of this type hence the popularity of the Lusso and the fact that my order is in for the GT in GS / ciouo and expect it in late 1st quarter 2019 as the first year production is all but sold I have a feeling this new car will be very nearly 'all things to all men' (and women) in that it will perform as well as the 488, look like a traditional long bonnet front engine Ferrari, have the folding roof, have enough room behind the seats for the dog or extra luggage, have a decent boot and handle like a dream. Maybe why the 488 Speciale will be launched shortly after so as to move the game on for the 488. IMO of course.

6. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Sort of how I see it as well and the reason I have currently delayed my 812 so as to take a new Cali so hopefully I won't be disappointed on the 7th. It will also make a better, totally different stablemate to my very modest garage.

7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    There is no vague talk of doom... also proper evidence can be found by a simple google search. Read about Carbon fiber delamination how it stresses and how something precieved to be so strong can become brittle. I am not saying that this is going to happen to every car or any car. All I am saying is the jury is still out at the moment especially on the earlier cars.

Let me make this very clear to you. Everything degrades. Epoxys especially degrade over time.

Now in the last 20 years there has been technology to test these epoxys and I think that time wont be as harsh to these most recent cars...

Getting back on topic of the new Cali replacement...

I apologize for derailing the conversation guys.

8. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    So, the answer is "I googled it" and "trust me". OK. I am convinced....

Anyway, back to the new Cali.

9. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Agreed. Just finalized our Lusso today. I love sharing the experiences with other passengers especially my kids. They absolutely love the it! In our CaliforniaTHS think my kids made me drive through the same tunnel 20+ times last weekend.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

10. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I spoke to my dealer who was confident that the V8 will remain non-hybrid. Is that what people are hearing? More worryingly he thought the rear would be "more 812" like....eeek

11. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I'm talking a v similar stance in gt 1st then 812 delayed - from what my dealer said , he was smitten by the looks when he saw it... and he's normally been right ... fingers n legs crossed ! ;-)

12. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Interesting as all my sources say she's a looker whereas with the 812 there was always divergence.

13. MRJW

MRJW Rookie

Oct 7, 2016
    If Ferrari released official pictures of the 812 SF about 3 weeks before Geneva, might we see pictures of the New GT this week, 3 weeks before Frankfurt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I don't think it will be at Frankfurt

15. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Interesting. In that case, what's your best guess on the official unveil venue?

16. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Why not if it is being launched two weeks earlier?

17. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Maybe you're right, it might be enough time but I got the impression it would be later

18. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I have always been told reveal 7/8th and public launch Frankfurt so was surprised by your post.

19. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    i'm waiting to see how the new generation edgy & aggressive design looks

20. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    +1

21. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Misinformation on my part I'm afraid. Probably only listened to half the conversation. Fortunately I'll be in Frankfurt on my way back later in September so hope to get a chance to call in.

Any guesses what the launch colours will be. I'll take a punt on Rosso Maranello with Sabbia and Blue American with Ciouo. ...?

22. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    It's Frankfurt

23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    So, they're either testing this car on the moon or the spy photogs are on strike, or not paying attention. A few weeks before unveiling and nary a camo'd prototype in sight. Very curious and unusual, I think, no?

24. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Surely they are testing the new car on the sun, in fact yesterday they are hiding behind the moon.. you also saw the eclipse, right?

25. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    It's August. Isn't the entirety of Italy on holiday??! :)