New guy here, proud owner of a Yellow/black 360 Spyder | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New guy here, proud owner of a Yellow/black 360 Spyder

Discussion in '360/430' started by RetiredAge21, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I'll apologize if I'm wrong but I am pretty sure of what we have here:

BUSTED!

2. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #27 GarnetRedCoupe, Mar 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I finally got my own 360 too. Being 24 with a Ferrari is such an honor. I went and got a license plate that read CEO ATT just so I wouldn't have to explain it to anyone anymore that I run a Fortune 500 company.

I put a Capristo on it though, so I don't know about the Tubi's.

4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

Hey, that's Tim's ride!!! LOL!! Wonder if Retiredage21 has an explanation for claiming he's 21, but profile shows a birthdate of Nov. 18, 1984???

5. RetiredAge21

RetiredAge21 Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hoffman
    Hey,

Sorry about that, thats not a picture of my exact car but thats what it looks like. Waiting for a nice day to take some pictures then I will post them up. Sorry if i offended anyone...And I was born on 7/12/82 i just buzzed through the registration process....

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    So, it was a file photo. Can't wait to see your pics. Yellow is great color for 360

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    You know, your nickname is only good for another few months... :)

8. RetiredAge21

RetiredAge21 Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hoffman
    Yes its same car, looked like a nice picture so i posted it up. Found it on ebay when searching for a Tubi Exhaust system.

9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Fair enough. However, there are some here that are going to expect to see some pics of your car. Hopefully no one will do the car, registration, today's newspaper thing but it's been done before.

Anyways, to put some of the questions to rest, what's with your username? And we'd probably like to hear something more than "it's self explanatory."

10. RetiredAge21

RetiredAge21 Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hoffman
    Hit big on stock market when I was 19 for millions, then started a Cigar business when I was 17 which i sold to public traded company recently. In process of writing few books on my life story growing up from nothing to "something". I now live in Newtown, PA. There are few other ferrari's i've seen around locally anyone from here?

Black 360 coupe
    Yellow 355 Spyder
    Red 360 Modena

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    How can you have a cigar business before you are of legal age to buy tobaco? Just curious.

12. RetiredAge21

RetiredAge21 Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hoffman
    Family started business which was my idea etc.

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Wonderful story. Nice to hear young entrepreneurs making it. Hope you don't mind some razzing- you understand with the glaring discrepancies of your first few posts it had to be done. If you're legit this is a very forgiving crowd... but there have been *many* young poseurs who have lied here and get weeded out. A few weeks ago some kid said he won the lottery and bought an Enzo, people have claimed to own classics with VIN's of owner's friend's cars, etc.

Among your businesses which I'm sure took a lot of time, were you able to start or finish college?

14. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Shawn, you must admit, this all sounds a bit far fetched to most reasonable people. I apologize for having some questions it's just that certain things dont' add up so perhaps you can clear this up by providing some basic information. Why don't you post the following:

1. VIN#? Options? of your car
    2. Where you purchased the car from?
    3. Detailed photos?

By the way, what publicly traded company purchased your cigar store? If this is all true, you should write a book, it all sounds quite fascinating.

15. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

You're worth millions, the cigar business was running when you were 17, right?

This CARDOMAIN site says you're already 18 (or when this was posted), but you don't even have a garage? Something is fishy. Be careful mate... Google will reveal everything.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/shawnsaleen281

I'm confused on your cardomain site too. It was created in May 2003 when you were 17. But now you're 21 and have moved from the Ford to a Ferrari? Dang, that's hot.

In fact, I'll assume your "family business" is Hoffman Humidor, right? Good ol' www.cigarboxes.com seems like a dead site. Give us some more information! I'd love to buy a nice humidor.

16. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    bs

thanks for playing

17. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    ...And I was born on 7/12/82 i just buzzed through the registration process....[/QUOTE]

You really must have rushed. You got the month wrong, the date and the year!

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    You don't think this could be the real Gary Green?

19. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York

20. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    You guys are the best!! Good work.

Dr J

21. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    All the better reason that this will be become a pay site.

22. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    AMEN, WILL.............

23. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    Dear Retired21,

If you are 19 now (assuming you were really 18 when you posted at cardomain) then presumably you just hit it big this year. Congrats on beating the Dow, S&P and every other index by a country mile.

If you are actually 21, then you made your fortune during the "depresssion" of 2001-2002. In that case you beat the c_ _p out of every current living fund manager, as well as icons like Warren Buffett, Carl Icahn, and good solid investors like myself. Why no cover story on Fortune, Money, Crains or at least Teen Beat Magazine?

I also noticed you own a chrome plating business. Is your 360 a 1:18, 1:26 or 1:48 model?

24. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It is not a cigar business he owns, but "Me and my friend own a chrome plating business (chromeconceptz.com I made website"

That is a quote from his saleen website Pete found

EDIT: Sorry seems like SOLLY noticed the same thing as me on above post.

I don't understand why people have to lie and do such things. Is there that much shame in being poor that one has to lie to just fit in? I never understood it.

25. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

Hilarious