New guy here to learn about Ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New guy here to learn about Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by thr_wedge, Dec 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    If you want a good, well refined car for moderate price that you can basically service yourself without having to pull the engine I would strongly recommend a 328.

Below that would be a 308QV.

I would be quite happy with either but I'm too big for both hence the reason I sold my 308. I still miss it for it's fun in the twisties.

2. thr_wedge

thr_wedge Rookie

Dec 5, 2007
    Fortunately I am only 5'10" and most cars seem like they used me as a model to build around. As long as the didn't use Danica Patrick as the model to design any of the cars I should be in good shape :)

Those pictures were awful. Though my current project / dust gathering piece of garage art is a complete basket case 1964 Mercury Comet. It was $1000 and to just get it running and driving will cost $2k more, which is very cheap (part compatability with just about every Ford and shares the mustang/falcon chassis). However, to actually restore it would cost me close to $30k, take a couple of years and I'd be lucky to sell it for $15,000.

I'm just trying to get it driving again and will sell it for what I can and probably not tackle another restoration type of project again. Bought purely so I could take a car apart and put it back together without having to worry about destroying something historic (like screwing up a '67 Mustang GT Fastback...)

Similar to how I remodeled our kitchen myself. Now I have the knowledge...and I will never do it myself again.