new Huracan | Page 9 | FerrariChat

new Huracan

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by white viper, Dec 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Just attended a Media launch party last night in Kuala Lumpur & the factory guy said 2000 cars have been spoken for & the RHDs have started delivery to dealer in Singapore several weeks ago. It looks really good & has better lines than the busy Aventador IMHO though I would wait for either Spyder or Superleggera of it.

2. ExoticAffinity

ExoticAffinity Karting

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Calvin
    Over three minutes of Huracán music from Lamborghini Newport Beach's meet this morning-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAx9CCTgs4s]Lamborghini Huracán Rev Sounds (Over 3 minutes of revving!) - YouTube[/ame]

Enjoy! :)

3. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #203 Kevin Rev'n, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Got up close and personal with a Huracan over the weekend at a sponsored test drive event. Unfortunately the 50 guys before me overheated the poor thing and my time ran short so I missed the opportunity to drive! :-(

What a beauty though. I could see myself in one of these in the future as a first Lambo...and as a first paddle shift car!

Lovely, lovely, lovely...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Oh no Kevin ... I can tell it's getting hard for you to resist! But it sure is a beauty in the flesh!

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ha Ron, I've got a lot more rowing in my future before I cave into technogy! :)

6. S_A

S_A Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2009
    Finland, Vantaa
    Full Name:
    Sami Aaltonen
    Finally managed to see it in Finland. This one is currently the only Huracán in Finland. Fortunately the color could not be any better.
    Hope you like the images.

2015 Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4

7. spdrcr

spdrcr Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing!

8. S_A

S_A Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2009
    Finland, Vantaa
    Full Name:
    Sami Aaltonen
  9. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL6pJEwjGWw[/ame]

10. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    this video makes me want to buy one of these very badly. i wasn't all that interested before, but now...

11. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Great video... it should've been Lambo's official marketing clip.

12. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Awesome car - the color and the rear louvers remind me of the Bertone / Alfa Carabo or the Lamborghini Bravo.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    the mt videos are becoming best in the biz. just as entertaining as c harris but more info. having randy and either willow or laguna is like stig on top gear. great to compare and contrast.

as to the car itself. it is a winner. ive seen them in wild and looks amazing. natural aspiration is huge advantage as is awd. will be tough for 488 to beat this one but gallardos were great on paper too but they never drove as well as a 430 let alone 458. we will see

14. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris

Going to highly disagree with this quote... 430 doesn't hold a candle to a Gallardo, and a 458 cant outrun a late model Gallardo.

15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I don't care about 'outrunning'. ive driven many different gallardos from original base up to last of the performantes and I much prefer the driving experience of comparable Ferraris.

steering of Gallardo is heavy and dull. the transmission is slow, clunky, and the race setting feels totally artificial. turn in is not sharp either. overall, gallardos feel like a gtr. not a bad thing but not what I expect in an exotic. I hope hurracan changes those things

16. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I'm wondering if you got a chance to drive a Balboni and if you have the time to share your experiences?

Either way, thanks!

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    didn't drive the balboni but maybe much better
    I was a passenger in a balboni with sr. balboni himself doing the driving! it was an amazing experience with him sliding it around like they do on british car shows. he was so nice, giving autographs, pictures, answering every question. great guy

18. Bigwave

Bigwave Rookie

Feb 9, 2012

Going to have to strongly disagree here too. Any of the -2 models are highly lively and responsive.

As for the Huracan it is an awesome machine and the DCT is amazing. Drive one and you'll see.

19. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I mean outrunning in all aspects, straightline, track whatever it maybe. Then on top of that, the Gallardo looks better, sounds better, feels better and is more reliable. I will note, that both Egear and F1 in the Gallardo and Ferrari is terrible. I would only buy either in manual.

20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Never drove stick g car but would be interesting

21. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    What a great video and sure makes me look at the Huracan in a different way. Randy Pobst is a very analytical driver and does not let emotions get in the way of how he feels a car drives.
    Bravo Lamborghini!

22. td80

td80 Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave M.
    I'm curious if the Lambo engineering team that prepped that car for MT dialed out the understeer (and truly/completely disabled ESC) that was so prevalent at the launch event? If so it would be nice if they would release what they did (in terms of track alignment and/or spacers and/or ESC re-tune etc etc) to the general customer-base.

I really like the Huracan but unless there is a real repeatable way to sort out the above issues, I would only be interested in a -2 model. The baby bull should dance with you and be playful!

23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    wasn't aware of esc issues. what's up?

24. Bigwave

Bigwave Rookie

Feb 9, 2012
    Given what they've done with the Gallardo, I'm sure there will be a -2 model Huracan. I would hope for one soon.

25. td80

td80 Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave M.
    #225 td80, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    If you look at just about all of the reviews from the original press junket last year in Spain, there are issues with understeer, ESC seems to never fully disable, and the variable ratio steering rack is almost universally unloved.

Probably sums it up best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMv1sFTTqFE (7:00 for ESC talk). There are more damning/negative videos and reviews of the car but I chose a fairly "balanced" one.

I love the Huracan, so this isn't me pulling a Chris Harris and saying modern Lambos are for people who can't drive. I'm a real fan of the car and I am hoping that these issues get sorted out (and perhaps they already have) as I see one day in my future owning one. I'd take a -2 no variable rack please :)