New lotus Evora 400 in US | Page 6 | FerrariChat

New lotus Evora 400 in US

Discussion in 'British' started by Robb, May 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thanks, I like it too! Not as good a deal as I had hoped for, but I had never seen one this this before, and I wanted it.

2. Congratulations! Great color!

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I really like the interior.

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    would love to hear what discount dealer gave to unload it

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Next up a new elige, 2200lbs Vovo 4cyl turbo supercharged power possbly up near 500hp in hotter versions, yeeha. Then I hear is a new esprit. Shortened evora tub, different front and rear subframes and a bespoke V8.

The last authentic sportscar company left on the planet is going to build some really knockoput cars, fasten your seatbelts..

6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Cool car, great color combo too.

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Lets just say that if you want an auto you can get a lot more off sticker that I was able to get for a manual with very little options (which it what I wanted). Depending on how desperate the dealer is figure 10-15% off a manual car. I had them include delivery in the price as well. I'm sure I could have gotten a better deal if I had waited (like I did with the 4c and the Abarth), but I'm not getting any younger and I just really liked the look of this car. Thanks everyone

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Would be amazing for this to happen but maybe a little overly ambitious. I would settle for targa top for evora that ive been hearing about for several years already. Want to really get crazy? How about a dct? Targa evora with dct would be my dream. Just make it in brg over tan

9. cornbeef

cornbeef Rookie

Aug 11, 2008
    Reading, Pa
    Full Name:
    Alan

Thats the number the original Evoras were discounted to, although Lotus did run sporadic offers with owner loyalty and conquest programs that knocked another $5000 off so the lowest they went for were ~20% off sticker. That seemed to be where they bottomed out as new cars. Residuals seem to have settled with Ss in the $53-62 range barring some exceptions (ie early cars and ones with high mileage). I'd say the last new Ss have now fell into the high end of that range.

So 15% off a 400 is a great deal. I think if those discounts continue they'll start shifting them, just like with the Ss, which is sad but no-one seems to want to pay full price for a Lotus.

On a side note, I think Geely ownership is a good thing for Lotus. They turned around Volvo so if they throw Lotus a lifeline (ie cash) for 5-7 years (like with Volvo) so they can get some properly sorted cars out (ie ones without the niggles) and a good dealer network, Lotus can succeed on it's own.

10. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am not trying to do anything but give someone a heads up. I have always said I would buy a DB9 at some point, but something else I want more always shows up. Turns out the dealer I bought the 400 from has a beautiful 2014 (loaded) with under 4K miles on it for a really good price. I am tempted so please someone buy it.

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I was instructing at a track day in a base evora and it was a great car! gorgeous brg paint, fast, and most importantly to my 'abused by elise' body - comfortable. a targa version might be hard to resist.

has anyone driven the auto version? how bad is the trans compared to dct? slow downshifts?

12. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    The Jim Clark Package tacks $2200 to the price of a standard $93,795 Esprit Turbo. Study the classified ads, however, and you'll soon see that a spanking new Esprit today fetch around $57,000 in showrooms, sometimes less, once the haggling concludes. As of June 5, we know of one Jim Clark Esprit carrying a $59,900 sticker. Think of it as a $30,000 rebate.

Car & Driver, September 1992

pfft!